waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 23-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Default Post install, pre-tune driving...

I expect to have my HFS-3 install completed next weekend. However, it will be a week before I get my car re-tuned and A/F ratio adjusted so I do not want to be injecting before that happens.

Is there a way to disable the HFS3 without going into failsafe mode? Will pulling the INJ link to disable the FAV place the unit in failsafe mode? My other thought is to rig up a temporary jet to spray under the car and let the system work until the re-tune.

Any advice on how to accomplish this is appreciated!
Old 23-05-2010, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Post install, pre-tune driving...

whats your reasoning for not wanting it to inject its not gonna destroy anything...

z
Old 23-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Howerton Engineering

Pull the DHB jumper from the board and turn the system off with the button on the gauge.

Pulling the DHB jumper defeats the system reverting to failsafe mode when the gauge is switched off.
Old 23-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Pull the DHB jumper from the board and turn the system off with the button on the gauge.

Pulling the DHB jumper defeats the system reverting to failsafe mode when the gauge is switched off.

So does this mean that when I turn off the gauge to switch maps that I need to pull the DHB jumper also? If so, where is the dhb jumperand what is it. Thanks, Gerry
Old 23-05-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceready View Post

So does this mean that when I turn off the gauge to switch maps that I need to pull the DHB jumper also? If so, where is the dhb jumperand what is it. Thanks, Gerry
Old 23-05-2010, 06:24 PM
Howerton Engineering

When the system is turned off at the gauge, the controller switches to failsafe mode. Therefore the contacts go to their normal state, and if, for instance, you have a solenoid tied to the wasegate, you will be running at wastegate pressure all the time.

If you wish to run with the the system not in failsafe condition, but with the system turned off at the gauge, then you need to open up the control box and remove the jumper that is labeled DHB.
Old 23-05-2010, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
If you wish to run with the the system not in failsafe condition, but with the system turned off at the gauge, then you need to open up the control box and remove the jumper that is labeled DHB.
Excellent - thanks Jeff!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering View Post
When the system is turned off at the gauge, the controller switches to failsafe mode. Therefore the contacts go to their normal state, and if, for instance, you have a solenoid tied to the wasegate, you will be running at wastegate pressure all the time.

Thanks for that!
As I will need to switch maps manually via laptop, i wanted to turn off the hsf3 without it messing with the boost controller failsafe.

So i will need to solder in a switch between the fuse so I can disconnect it easier than pulling out a fuse?
Old 01-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Howerton Engineering

It's not really a fuse but a computer jumper link. You can buy these pieces at most electronic stores that have wires already on them instead of linked internally. You will just need to find a path to get these wires out of the control box. Worst case a drilling a hole and a rubber grommet would suffice. If you can't find a link with the wires let me know.