waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 20-11-2003, 01:20 AM

Excellent info! I was a little hesitant to install the wi on my gtp but you guys convinced me that the benefits r well worth it. Still tuning my SVO with the wi. So far i advanced the timing 4 degrees and leaned out the mixture a bit (adjustable mass air sensor). I was getting detonation at just 10 degrees timing with 17 lbs of boost with the mixture a bit on the rich side. No more detonation and I got a much smoother transition from no boost to boost and some more power to boot! Wish i had a dyno in my garage!!

Thanks

97 GTP Stock
Old 21-11-2003, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVO2GO
Excellent info! I was a little hesitant to install the wi on my gtp but you guys convinced me that the benefits r well worth it. Still tuning my SVO with the wi. So far i advanced the timing 4 degrees and leaned out the mixture a bit (adjustable mass air sensor). I was getting detonation at just 10 degrees timing with 17 lbs of boost with the mixture a bit on the rich side. No more detonation and I got a much smoother transition from no boost to boost and some more power to boot! Wish i had a dyno in my garage!!

Thanks
Are you using the ZZP Mini-AFC controller for the MAF adjustment? Just curious to see if you've had any trouble, or which version it is.

My biggest suggestion with the WI on your GTP is to go with an aftermarket intake and CAI, then remove the MAF and use a fogger nozzle at the bend of the intake pipe pointing right at the TB. I did alot of playing around with mine. I don't think the type of nozzle is as critical in a roots application, as the heat of the blower/TB rapidly evaporates the water anyway, and even if it didn't, the rotors wreak havoc with the water vapor.

Your M90 will naturally run a little cooler than my M62, as it turns slower than mine, so you're probably producing less heat than I am, but we should still have fairly comparable applications.
Old 22-11-2003, 12:48 AM

Willren, the adjustable mass air unit is from Modern Performance but it's actually the Vortech unit that replaces the vane air meter on the SVO. I do have idle issues but not that bad. The adjustability and performance far outweighs the slight idle issues in my opinion. I understand that they can be made to work well with an eec tuner to fix the rough idle.

Oh and thanks for the tips on the install on the gtp. Once i stop fussing with my svo I'm on to modding the gtp a bit!!

97 GTP Stock
Old 22-11-2003, 05:34 AM

I know the ZZP Mini-AFC controller will help with the GTP application, but the real fix for the problems associated with more airflow is a custom chip. Lucky for you there are several available, the best is probably the DHP chip. As you start to mod the GTP, you'll need it. The smaller pulley, possible intercooler or water injection, custom intake/cai, etc will wreak havoc with the MAF.

I've had many of the same experiences with my own L67. The Series II L67 has much better aftermarket support, and for that reason, you don't see too many resorting to WI. There are 3 intercoolers available for you, none for me.

The WI idea is a much more economical (and beneficial in other ways an intercooler can't provide) solution.