waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 06-07-2011, 08:22 PM

Default 300C CRD Methanol Injection

Hi

I have a Chrysler 300C CRD 07, I live in Norway. I was thinking of installing a HFS-3 with 3 1mm nozzels, I plan to run the tank in the trunk and install the pump in the engine bay. The Chrysler has limited room in the engine bay. I use a remap with 314 BHP with 645 N/Tq. I also use a larger intercooler and use a Volant intake,Need advice on correct nozzel sizes

Regards

Last edited by orandaberg; 18-08-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 18-08-2011, 02:20 AM

Default Re: 300C CRD Methanol Injection

Can Anybody help?
Catchcan,22Elite,DNX9260,DVD HR,Alpines,amp,StarTech,07-3.0 CRD,314BHP-645 N/Tq,spoilers,Mesh Grill,GB roof,SS pillars,lower rocker,Kluck fenders,Passport 9500ci,Paddle shifters,LED 6K Halos, HID,HL,FL,BU,Pillar POD,tracker,Razor Edge,Remote Start,belly lights,LSD,Pedder,20" w/nitto,sway bars, CelticTuning remap,Lg intercooler,Tq limit off,VIS hood,GripTuning,Volant,,air horns,3" SS no exhausts,RS heaters,Aeroforce,REM rearbrace,tranZformer,F&B cam. VIP300,LX CustomSolutions,StopTech,NO ESP
Old 21-08-2011, 03:49 PM

Sadly the diesel section doesnt get much love...

Fish
Old 23-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Howerton Engineering

The pump should be near the tank, otherwise you ahve to use a very large line from the pump to the tank.

3 x 1.0mm jets sounds like it might be a bit much for the car. Can you post up the specification of the engine?
Old 23-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orandaberg View Post
Hi

I have a Chrysler 300C CRD 07, I live in Norway. I was thinking of installing a HFS-3 with 3 1mm nozzels, I plan to run the tank in the trunk and install the pump in the engine bay. The Chrysler has limited room in the engine bay. I use a remap with 314 BHP with 645 N/Tq. I also use a larger intercooler and use a Volant intake,Need advice on correct nozzel sizes

Hi!

I allso live in Norway and have the 07 300 CRD. Mine is currently boxed to 255 HP, but I want more power. Could you please tell me where you got the chip? The ones I have been watching is "only" 285 HP.
I have been trying to read into if the clutch and transmission can withstand the extra power on forums and websites with no luck. Where did you get the information that confirmed that the transmission and clutch could withstand all that extra power in the long run?

While I`ve been reading, Ive seen a forum with a tread that might interrest you.
They reccomend buying:
250psi pump from Devilsown
Aquamist MF2 and a solenoid

Here is the link to the forum conversation. (seemed like they had a clue, but I couldnt understand a thing of it )

http://www.tdocuk.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9936

Have you had any progress with the car? Or bought any parts?

Last edited by RexArmand; 23-10-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 29-10-2011, 04:42 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

OK, I can explain..

The person has purchased a supplimentary injector driver from aquamist and use it to control water flow.

The controller is acalled MF2. It reads the RPM and boost pressure to produce a 3-D map (PWM based) tro drive a high speed solenoid valve.

Constant pressure water line is supplied by a internal by-pass water pump. IOt can be any makes or supplier. If you can using the aquamist FAV (fast acting valve), it would be preferred to get the aquamist pump as well as it is set to 160psi instead of 200psi from other supplier.

The reason for aquamist to set it at a lower pressure is to reducing running current (heat) and increase diapgragm life. If you want to to adjust it to 250 psi, you can by using a 1/15" allen key on the pump head. I believe 1 turn clockwise is all you need to do.

Not too many people know this, practically all wmi makers use the same 5800 series from Aquatec USA, just adjust it to a pre-determined dead-head pressure. As you may have noticed, hype and marketing rules. It will be less attractive as soon as you start using a larger nozzle, they all drop down to 150-160 from 200psi (factory set to 200psi and NOT 250psi as stated in the marleting materials). It drop is less form the aquamist pump as it was set to 160 psi in the first instant.

It you are not in an immediate hurry, wait for the new aquamist diesel system. Alternativelym we can supply all the part mentioned above.

Link to MF2 user manual here.

Or visit here: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/old/mf2/mf2.html