waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 12-05-2018, 07:29 AM

Default Re: Out of winterstorage: gauge is not showing spray bars

What kind of materials are used in flex fuel pumps ? Obviously they can pump E85, which is alcohol with carbonhydro compounds. Surely they have some form of seal in it and that rubber doesn't have the issue you're facing ?

The same is true for (port) injectors, handling E85.

FWIW: I'm not trying to be a smart ass, i'm genuinely trying to solve a problem and do not appreciate the derogatory comment. I luckily was able to help the BMW 335i community as well researching usage of E85 in the N54 engine back in 2011. By luck i was able to talk to the original lead engineer at VDO/Siemens who developed the fuel system for the engine. We discussed the HPFP and injectors in particular, as he was afraid there is a compound in the injector that may not like a high concentration of alcohol for a longer period (kind of the opposite of your problem i reckon). Technnology is forever changing, certainly in these new compounds and changing markets, due to the introduction of bio diesel / E85. If your research is prior 2006, i can imagine that some of these compounds were not yet available.

Kind regards,
Jeroen
Old 12-05-2018, 08:01 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The function of the rubber seal/seat is completely different on E85 valve/pump from the FAV.

I am unable to discuss futher how we arrived at the design at present without feeding the copy cats out there. I assure you we have arrived at the best combination of shore hardness, temperature range, water absorption rate and durability for the metal seat geometry of the FAV.

You should really follow our advice on label and the system will work fine for years.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:24 AM

Hi Richard,

I understand.

My first batch of water meth mixture should have been pure meth with distilled water; they apparently contaminated it.
I've changed it.

Of course i follow your advice.

Going to the dyno now, i'll post my latest dyno results as soon as i have them.