waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Old 31-05-2004, 12:08 AM

Default vinegar

anyone use vinegar in their water, it should help clean windows and make your car smell like a oil and vinegar dressing.
wondering if a ten percent mix would be hard on the paint though?
Old 31-05-2004, 12:16 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Do you have windows in your engine? better be made of quartz. Only joking.

I am not sure what vinegar will do to the metal components, it is a mild acid? perhaps a runing it once for cleaning purpose and return to normal water immediately.

Have you finished installing the system yet?
Old 31-05-2004, 12:27 AM

got all the wires done except the switching power line and the injector wire connection, waiting for information as to which wire is which on the injectors.
oh and the washer line to the pump still to go.

if you still use the water tank to spray the windshield, the vinegar should help cut the road film. and it should help the injectors from deposits?
Old 03-06-2004, 11:05 PM

Acetic Acid is really a pretty potent acid, it's not sulfuric or nitric, but it will burn you skin off easily. I would personally avoid acetic acid its pretty corrosive over the long run.

If you do want to clean out the system there are other good solvents that are less likely to cause harm. Ammonia is one, as in Windex. Its available at any grocery on the bottom shelf in cleaning supplies. It's cheap and highly effective grease cutter and mineral solvent. It has the added benefit that the remainder evaporates. It does stink.

Another is Bicarbonate, baking soda is sodium bicarbonate, Na2HCO3. A 1% by mass solution will disolve many calcium deposits in your water lines and I would think have minimal effect on engine performance. Injection would increase the amount of CO2 in the cylinder when gasified. Running constantly would not be good for the build up of various sodium salts.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:11 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have recently ask a screen washer fluid supplier, the concentreated solution uses 50% alcohol, 45% water and the rest made up of glycol (anti-smear), detergent and blue dye.

The ready-for-use contains 25% alcohol.

I would love to hear more from you once the 2D is up and running. Apparently there wasa aquamisted EVO8 kicking out 600BHP in one of the tuning magazine in the US, I will try to post a link.