waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 31-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Control board not commanding FAV to open .

Perfect. Thank you.
Old 24-03-2018, 06:36 PM

I wanted to piggyback on this, because Im having a very similar issue. System has been running fine for a few months now, (i bought used from a local guy, he had no issues). A couple weeks ago I noticed no spray on the gauge, after inspecting things I figured out it would not spray past the FAV, even with 12v applied. Jeff from Howerton suggested the FAV maybe contaminated/swollen shut, I tried drying it out for a week, ran distilled water through the system, replaced the FAV, it ran for a second or 2 with 12v applied and cut out. Replaced the entire FAV t, ran perfect with 12v applied, ran it for an hour to dial everything in again with no problems, parked the car overnight and went to drive the next morning and no spray again. I am leaning towards a bad relay/or sticking relay but could use some additional advice. Pics of board back and front attached.http://imgur.com/gallery/LfOdf
Old 25-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is most likely you have contaminated fluid, laced with hydrocarbon. Send me the controller and FAV and I will examine it for you. We don't charge for repairs, just pay for the return shipping. Hrdrocarbon has a habit of being absorbed into the plastic and rubber parts and slowly releasing back into the system.

Before returning the parts try clean up the tank and all the wetted parts by re circulating 50/50 mix repeatedly. I doubt it is caused by the controller.

questions:
1. Where did you purchase the methanol?
2. What are those tapes around the blue harness?
3. Did the previous user have the similar problem?

PS board looks good.
Old 25-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Thank you that would be great. And I do not believe it to be the controller either honestly.
I would like to understand more regarding the hydrocarbon contamination so I can prevent it from continuing to occur, if thats the problem. I do not understand how the hydrocarbons would get into my closed system? I ordered the tank brand new from a meth tank supplier in the states, it has never seen anything except distilled water and 50:50 methanol:water mix purchased from a "reputable" source, its called boost juice from snow performance:

from their website...

"Get the most from your water-methanol injection kit with Boost Juice! Boost Juice is a proprietary mix of 49% methanol and 51% distilled water. Manufactured in the U.S.A in a controlled environment to ensure the ratios are exact every time for consistent tuning and performance capabilities. (Case of 4 Gallons)"

I also only have one checkvalved jet which is spraying at the TB, so there should be no contact with any fuel whatsoever.

The fact that it seems the FAV works normally while the car is on after hitting it with 12v directly makes me wonder if the switch in the relay didnt come in contact with solution at some point maybe causing it to stick?

Also to answer your questions:

1. Where did you purchase the methanol? through snow performance-"boostjuice" 50:50 meth:water mix

2. What are those tapes around the blue harness?
The plastic clip/tab at the end of the wire that holds it into the female socket became too pliable and doesnt hold it into the socket tight enough so it would lose connection sometimes, tape is just holding it tight to maintain the connection

3. Did the previous user have the similar problem?
no previous problems reported
Old 26-03-2018, 07:39 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

1. boost juice is fine.
2. This should bot be happen, once clicked in, it will take some force to pull it out.
3. What is serial number of the controller.

Are you using our in-tank filter with the brand new tank from a third party source?
Old 26-03-2018, 01:44 PM

As for the trunk harness, I think the clip of the connector was bent on installation, which is why it will not hold into place correctly.

Yes I was using the aquamist in tank filter, and I have been using a third party tank, and as Ive begun to really run through the list of issues, I am starting to believe it may be the tank. Specifically a sealant I used on the outside of the tank adapter as the hole drilled there was not perfect and caused a small leak. It is formulated of 50% Toulene, which from my brief research is a hydrocarbon... so potentially my issue. I will have to replace the tank and see if that solves the issues.

Do you have a recommendation on tanks? I see you sell a 10L dual tank, does this come plug and play with the in tank filter and level sensor already installed?

My plan for now:
1) I ordered 100% meth from Torco, I will soak the valve for a few hours in the 100% meth to draw out any hydrocarbon contamination. Then let it dry out for a couple days.
2) Replace my tank
3) Purge the system with distilled water, then 100% methanol
4) Reinstall FAV and ensure its no longer swollen and everything runs correctly
5) Reintroduce new batch of 50:50 boost juice, hopefully all is solved then
Old 29-03-2018, 10:45 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

good plan, please update.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
good plan, please update.
No luck:
-Installed new twin tanks
-Flushed the entire system with almost 6 L distilled water and another 3 liters of 100% methanol
-Soaked the water level float in methanol and dried out before reinstalling on the new tank
-Bought new tank adapter and in tank filter for new tank
-Let 2 fav t's soak in methanol for over 4 hours and dry out for a couple days
-Reinstalled FAV and it locked right up, no flow, swapped to other FAV, same thing no flow.
-Tried 12v power with SYS jumper and no click, no flow for either FAV

I think I'll have to send them to you to take a look at or just buy a third FAV? Not sure what else to do except troubleshoot the relay to the FAV, not even sure how often they go bad? Any other thoughts?
Old 08-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I think sending the controller and FAV is the best way forward.
We never charge for repairs

Richard
Old 08-04-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I think sending the controller and FAV is the best way forward.
We never charge for repairs

Richard
Alright will do, is the address under contact us on the website the correct one?