waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 06-02-2017, 07:49 AM

Default Converted to P&H injectors, now have issues :-(

My system was running perfectly on hi impedance injectors connected to the gray harness.
I subsequently changed injectors to low impedance running directly off the ECU (it has P&H drivers), and at the HSF3, I disconnected the green wire of the gray harness, and instead used the green harness green/red wires to connected to injector -/+.

I am seeing an IDC pulse, but the only way the system even begins to respond is if I use a 2.75 pre-amp. Also with the threshold turned quite low, it only begins water injection at around 48% duty cycle looking at logs, and the flowmeter no longer nicely tracks IDC like it did with the high impedance injectors.

What am I doing wrong? is there some links/soldering to do on the board? I have the version 3.1 red board, currently I have the MPS link soldered and the MPS>2 link soldered.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2017, 11:53 AM

Default Re: Converted to P&H injectors, now have issues :-(

So rather than bang my head against a wall, I decided to remove the MPS links, and go back to straight IDC with a 1:1 preamp, and running the system off a PWM map within my ECU made up of RPMxMAP. The PWM output is connected to the green wire on the gray harness, and it works perfectly.

I tested it by temporarily mapping a potentiometer to give 0-100% PWM spaying the injectors out of the manifold, and it works great, this allowed fine tuning of the threshold / scale / fails safe limits etc 'on the fly'.

I'm still curious why my P&H set up never worked running off the injectors though.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Converted to P&H injectors, now have issues :-(

The manual stated that for P&H signal, you need to use the green harness.