waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 22-02-2004, 07:45 PM

Default PWM water injection?

I just found this board...I think it's awesome. Tons of good info.

Is it possible to run a pwm injector that's alcohol rated for water injection? I have a full standalone fuel system that can run a few extra injectors. I was thinking about buying one of those injectors and making a reservoir/pump to keep it supplied and just have it computer controlled. I can't find any info on how much pressure water/alcohol mixes need to be at to properly atomize the mixture and not end up warping things as drops of water hit my hot metal components. Also, since I'm scared of the effects methanol has on seals etc, is isoproponal from the drug store a good replacement? Thanks. -Jason
Old 23-02-2004, 07:21 AM

Default Re: PWM water injection?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason96SL2
I can't find any info on how much pressure water/alcohol mixes need to be at to properly atomize the mixture...Thanks. -Jason
It depends on what type (brand) of nozzle is used. Most will require at least 40 psi above manifold pressure to atomize properly (Hago, for example). So, in general, figure on 60-70 psi to make sure.
Old 24-02-2004, 05:17 AM

I want to use a pulse width modulated fuel injector that's alcohol rated. The only ones I've found say they're for 100% Methanol use. If I can find an injector that can atomize the water then I would have a 100% tunable water injection system. I could tune by psi and rpm. I was trying to avoid the whole jet/nozzle idea.
Old 24-02-2004, 05:28 AM

Default standard pressure

If it is any help for you project, the standard injection pressure for most fuel injectors is about 43 psi depending on the manufacture. Most will go up to about 73 psi but beyond that you may have problems with the injector locking up and not being able to open and close properly due to the high pressures.

Larry