waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 04-02-2004, 11:22 AM

Default General questions on Aquamist

Is it possible to use two set ups with one pump :?

For instance, i want to be able to cool the charge temp before the intercooler using the ecu inlet temp sensor (situated after the FMIC) to regulate the water injection, possibly using the 2s kit :?

I was thinkin that i could add a FIA2 to control the water injection before the throttle plate, for in cylinder cooling:?

The engine is a 2 litre running 13 psi plus over boost, would a single pump be able to be cope with this set up :?
Old 05-02-2004, 05:18 AM

Yes it would be possible to supply two different switches from one pump, be careful of total flow potential of the jets in case they are on at the same time.

If you get the 2s you might as well control the pre-intercooler and the pre-throttle body from it with two HSV rather than using an fia2 on one of the HSV. Unless you didn't want to program the pre-throttle body one and just reference the fuel injector duty cycle.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:38 AM

Thanks for your help
Old 05-02-2004, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged Performance
If you get the 2s you might as well control the pre-intercooler and the pre-throttle body from it with two HSV rather than using an fia2 on one of the HSV.
Would the 2s kit be able to run the two HSV independently :? ie one from the intake temp sensor for the pre-itercooler and one from the MAP sensor for the for the pre-throttle.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:42 PM

Good question. I do not see from the manual how you could drive one from a MAP/RPM load and another from a temperature load. But it would be worth asking Richard L. If he doesn't catch this thread - ask him in the ERL section of the board. That way all on the board can see his answer.
Old 06-02-2004, 04:25 AM

The MF2 can only produce one output signal. The signal is strong enough to power five high speed valves. You could drive two high speed valves, both would operate at the same pulse width. The one that you want to operate at a specific temperature or above could be turned on and off by a simple temperature switch mounted upsteam of the injection point.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:23 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Brad I thought that the MF2 might be able to drive sequential or auxillary injectors.