waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 15-01-2011, 05:44 AM

Default Aquamist HFS-6 in a BMW E39 M5; By Howerton Engineering.

Hello Gents,

Thought I would post a video of my E39 M5 with its newly fitted HFS-6, custom designed by none other than Jeff Howerton of Howerton Engineering in Northern California. It should match up well with the ESS S/C in my Biest.

In a nutshell, Ihave only had it a few days and am still dialing it in with regards to cycle and AFR's, but it is truly a custom show quality piece.

I have attached the UTube link for observation. Jeff combines the fine quality of Aquamist's top of the line water injection system with his own personalized one-off customization and OCD personality. I cant say enough abouth the thoght and sweat that he puts into his work and product.

Enjoy and Thanks again to Jeff Howerton and Aquamist!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxJBTpTin2A
Old 20-01-2011, 12:28 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Aquamist HFS-6 in a BMW E39 M5; By Howerton Engineering.

Great video, this car is amazingly well looked after, I bet it looks even better in the flesh. The tank is just... speechless, Jeff has done another master piece. I have copied this thread on the gallery section.

More details here:
Old 20-01-2011, 03:31 AM

Richard,

Thank you for the compliment and Thank you for suppling such a magnificent system. Now that I have the cut-in and Boost-a-Pump system in sych with appropriate AFR's, the car is absolutely breath-taking. Normal driving conditions around town until approx. 3,500 RPM which is when the Vortech V3 and the HFS-6 start to come on. I couldnt be moe pleased.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:53 AM

This is a follow-up to my Aquamist system installation. Had the car dynoed now that I feel it was pretty darn close to dialed.

Video #1 is a walkaround of the car showing teh cruxt of the system install.

Video# 2 will show you I netted 549 RWHP on this dyno run. On the E39 M5, we use 15% slip factor so I am somewhere north of 630 crankshaft HP. I should note that I have been to the same dyno shop, used the same dyno oerpator & equipment on a total of 5 different days over the past 1.5 years. I baselined the car at stock; with headers and software; S/C with leaks in the system; S'C @ 6 psi and now with the HFS6 Methanol system installed.

That means I netted approx. 40 RWHP increase by using the system on my car, in unison with the S/C system. Very sporting and worth the effort IMHO.

Enjoy the videos, there are more, but didnt want to bore you to much with the details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXox_6zGbs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTSlAXWJBKk

Best regards and Thanks again to Jeff Howerton adn Richard @ Aquamist for a spectacular product.