waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 18-09-2009, 03:41 PM

Default Supercharger setup

I think its time for me to go the water /methanol injection route as I want to lower the pistonheat.
Its been sayed that Rover standart pistons are good for about 7psi of boost so thats the reason why I might want to convert to wmi. I have no detonation issues nor overheating problems, just want to be on the save side with my investmend ( blood, sweat & tears).
Surfing round the web I found lots of companys who make and sell kits with prices from nice to sky high.
As I can only spent my money once I'd better spent it good.

I am running a Magnacharger 110 on top of a aluminium Rover 3.5 V8.
Engine is carb fed by a custom build Holley 570cfm.
At 4psi boost I had 260bhp at the wheels.

Running 9psi at the moment but it hasn't been dyno't yet so I can only guess at this point. Might be 325 bhp at the wheels.
First want water injection before its going to the dyno again.
Have no detonation issues yet. Have a MSD boost retard set at 1' retard/psi meaning 38' total ignition advance & 29' total under full boost.

What are my options and what to go for.
I want the system boost activated and as you can see in the picture I can not run the system below the blower.
As I have a 1" alloy open spacer between the carb & blower this would be the best option to place the nozzle for me.
As most calculations are for injected engines here's also an issue which nozzle size to go for & its has to be before to blower injected meaning a bigger nozzle Ill guess.

So I might have about 350 bhp at the engine ( manual gearbox ).
Fuel pump is a Facet blue top with a Filterking, fuelpressure set at 5psi.
Need a simple system thats boost activated probably at 7psi. Don't want to run a checkvalve.

Regards JP
Old 20-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

For your application, I think a single stage system triggered by pressure is ideal. Most of your torque are produced low down. You have a great deal of choices on kits.

For non-tuned, safety application, you just run between 10-15% of water to fuel. Since it is not easy to estimate your fuel flow without electronic injector, need to wokr out your flow rarte from power.

Assuming you have 350bhp (crank), your fuel requirement will be approximately 2 litre/min. Water flow will be between 200cc to 300cc/min. If you are using M50/W50, increase the flow by 50%.

Injecting before the compressor is good for overall cooling, but need to go for 15% w/fuel rather than 10%.