waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 03-07-2005, 12:59 AM

I have this same engine, except from a 97 Bonneville, in my 86 Fiero GT. I have to admit that I am pretty tech retarded (ADD), so be patient if I need y'all to dumb things down for me a bit. But my engine is bone stock, and I really want to look at modifications that are going to have the least chance of negative impact on my car. Therfore, I'm a bit gunshy on nitrous oxide applications, but WI sounds like it might have some benefit.

Here's the deal, though. My car is a daily driver, my primary mode of transport. If a water injection system is installed, can it be turned on and off as necessary? Will that mess with the tuning? Would I want to turn it off?

I'll apologize in advance if I've put this in the wrong forum, but it sounds like some people here are familiar with the L67.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:02 PM

Just to keep this going, I am also dabling in WI on my Regal GS which has the M90 Roots type blower with no IC.

I have a spacer I made and installed between the blower and the S/C.
I will be testing soon.
As far as timing goes our cars advance the timing in absence of Knock.
Old 13-10-2005, 04:35 PM

Bluto,I saw some pics of your spacer and it looks awesome!That also looks like a cool place to put in nitrous.If I have problems with the coating on the rotors of my s/c that plate setup will be the first thing I try.You should patend that thing before someone else capitolises on your idea.--JA