waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 | HFS-4 Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeurton View Post
Yup, I've got a BNR S3. I'm running on 93 gas from Shell, and use VP M1 meth.

If you're in the process of adjusting things and tuning, here are some tips that might help...

- Skip using any mixture of meth/water and just use straight meth. I tried 50/50 and 70/30 mixtures, and while the bit of water helped cool the BATs, I wasn't able to advance the timing as much. It seems the MZR DISI engine loves the huge octane boost from running 100% meth. I'm up to about 20* of timing and still no knock.

- I'm using 2 nozzles, 0.8mm + 0.9mm

- I'm running the system off IDC only and looked at my datalogs to set the threshold. I wanted it to start around 5-7psi, which was about 36% IDC for me. The threshold trimmer is set at 42% at the 12 o'clock position. One tick mark to the left is 36%.

Thank you for the tips! I am in the very begining of tuning, running on 22 psi and 91 fuel, but haven't finished my tuning process so far. Halfway I had to switch from fmic to tmic because of endless issues with blowing or leaking silicone and piping.
I will be running 5 small jets: 1 pre tb jet and 4 direct port jets, but first I need to do all the primary adjustments with a single pre-tb jet.

What ambient temperatures are you running at?
Do you have any knock at partial throttle after long idling in a traffic jam?
Do you have stock internals?