waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Gallery - NEW

Old 27-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 2011 Mazdaspeed 3 | HFS-4 Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeurton View Post
Yup, I've got a BNR S3. I'm running on 93 gas from Shell, and use VP M1 meth.

If you're in the process of adjusting things and tuning, here are some tips that might help...

- Skip using any mixture of meth/water and just use straight meth. I tried 50/50 and 70/30 mixtures, and while the bit of water helped cool the BATs, I wasn't able to advance the timing as much. It seems the MZR DISI engine loves the huge octane boost from running 100% meth. I'm up to about 20* of timing and still no knock.

- I'm using 2 nozzles, 0.8mm + 0.9mm

- I'm running the system off IDC only and looked at my datalogs to set the threshold. I wanted it to start around 5-7psi, which was about 36% IDC for me. The threshold trimmer is set at 42% at the 12 o'clock position. One tick mark to the left is 36%.

Thank you for the tips! I am in the very begining of tuning, running on 22 psi and 91 fuel, but haven't finished my tuning process so far. Halfway I had to switch from fmic to tmic because of endless issues with blowing or leaking silicone and piping.
I will be running 5 small jets: 1 pre tb jet and 4 direct port jets, but first I need to do all the primary adjustments with a single pre-tb jet.

What ambient temperatures are you running at?
Do you have any knock at partial throttle after long idling in a traffic jam?
Do you have stock internals?
Old 27-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paveltol View Post
Thank you for the tips! I am in the very begining of tuning, running on 22 psi and 91 fuel, but haven't finished my tuning process so far. Halfway I had to switch from fmic to tmic because of endless issues with blowing or leaking silicone and piping.
I will be running 5 small jets: 1 pre tb jet and 4 direct port jets, but first I need to do all the primary adjustments with a single pre-tb jet.

What ambient temperatures are you running at?
Do you have any knock at partial throttle after long idling in a traffic jam?
Do you have stock internals?
Lately, ambient temps have been 85-90F during the day, and 75-80F at night.

Every once in a while, I see part throttle knock, but it's random and never more than 1-degree.

Yup, still on stock internals. I plan to dial back my tune until I can build the motor and replace the clutch.
Old 28-08-2013, 01:18 PM

I'd like to do something with part throttle knock. On 91 fuel I have 1-2 knock retard according to the Dashhawk gauge. It is very common issue with these engines, when moving in city traffic or cruising on highway. It can be false knock - the ECU may be adjusting the timing. But it can be real knock as well.
Have you thought of any solutions for that? Is there any way to trigger the system when the ECU sees knock at loads when IDC is not reached? Richard, chime in please!
Old 28-08-2013, 09:27 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Do you have an output from dashhawk, it may be possible to use it to active the HFS. I am sure I can find a way to do it.
Old 29-08-2013, 05:41 AM

There is a miniUSB slot on Dashhawk - it was made to connect Dashhawk to PC. This device is no longer produced.
However, there is another powerful tuning&diagnostic tool - AccessPort by Cobb tuning.
Both these devices read signals from oem OBD2 port.

Can't it be easier wiring up to knock sensor?
Old 29-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

knock sensor needs to be processed differently with an algorithm that suits a particular engine. Ideally includes infos such as ignition timing, load and knock spectrum. On top of all that, sharp cut-off filters has to be employed or noise will dominate.

Assuming the dashawk possesses all those abilities, how does it translate it visually? It may be easier to splice into the final stage of knock signal internally. Provided they exists in some analogue form.

Porting a usb requires more work and if it unlikely we will do it an an one-off. If you haver a circuitry of the dashawh or let me open it up to take a closer look.
Old 29-08-2013, 11:28 AM

Probably I can source and send you a used Dashhawk.
I am not sure Dashhawk can help with finding a clean Knock Retard signal - it displays multiple parameters at the same time. Also user can adjust the quantity and type of these parameters displayed.

The only thing I can think of now is as follows: Dashhawk allows you to adjust visual and sound alerts for the parameters displayed, so you can probably connect to sound alert. But the alert frequency and volume are not progressive with the growfth of Knock Retard. And the user will have to set only one alert for KR so that the system would not trigger because of any other alert.

Last edited by paveltol; 29-08-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 30-08-2013, 07:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The sound alert is a good output to use, tell me more about it? Does it change pitch of just blips faster.
Old 30-08-2013, 11:17 AM

Neither of these - with the KR increase it just keeps on blinking and ticking(sound) with the visual increase of KR value.
KR normally happens at part throttle when the Engine Coolant Temp reach 99+C and Boost Air Temp reach 70+C.

Last edited by paveltol; 30-08-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 30-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is probably a single/train of pulses send to a piezo sounder. It might work. The HFS4 has a secondary PWM input that may be used to spray based on the pulse. Need some modification.