waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Injection Mixtures

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-11-2004, 03:18 PM

Default Superoxygenated Water/Methanol Injection

Hi,

I've read this in vwvortex ... :shock:

What makes my setup of possible interest is that I am injecting superoxygenated water/methanol just before the throttle body. The reason for oxygenated water - 2-10 times the dissolved oxygen content of regular water - is that water injection displaces some oxygen volume in the intake charge. Dissolved superoxygenation fits oxygen in between the hydrogen and as such does not increase its resting volume, but contributes bonus oxygen to compensate for that displaced by the water and methanol. Likewise, hydrogen will not combust, whereas methanol will, so a water/methanol mix has high latent heat absorption as well as combustability, with methanol, an oxygenated fuel, also adding a little extra oxygen to catalise combustion. The stainless steel tanks and their contents are refrigerated to near freezing point (meth stops it from freezing), so I also get a really cold mist into the intake plenum.

What is your opinion on this??? :? :?

Thanks,