waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 19-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Great, we have managed to trace the source of the problem.

Beyond this, I wil to know if you would like us to send you another pump loom? Sometimes the pin inside plug may be mis-aligned and upon insertion, the mating part may become distorted. Let me know which part of the connection caused the intermittant connection so that I can send you replacement. Fix it good now rather later.

The priming pump activation is done on a separate circuit. It is triggered by the manifold pressure switch (806-157), I think you have found that out.

The 806-157 is factory set at 10psi. 1/4T clockwise from that point will increase the trigger point by ~2.5psi or so. The setting is user determined, so 1.4T clockwise will only delay the trigger point - doesn't degrade the performance of the system.

Richard
Old 19-09-2005, 09:44 AM

Is it possible one of the terminals has 'backed out' of the housing? If so it should be possible to pull that wire right out, check the 'flag' on the side of the terminal that is supposed to latch it into the housing, and simply push it back in.
Old 19-09-2005, 12:26 PM

I went to a local car shop and replaced that plug with a waterproof GM plug. Everything should be good now.