waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 26-05-2008, 05:00 AM

Default Perrin PWI-1. Will not put out more than 250cc. IDEAS??

I live in Canada and so I picked up a Perrin PWI-1 system (a rebadged aquamist setup for sale here). The advertising suggests this system should support up to 600hp. When testing into a measuring glass with the largest supplied nozzel (1.0MM) I can not get more than 250cc per minute even with a primer pump (windshield washer pump). I can't imagine how little flow I am getting into my engine at 30 psi boost.

With my 2.3L turbo turned back to 19 psi from its full kill setting of 30 psi (about 470hp), I can not adjust the system to supply enough water/meth (50/50) at only 340hp.

Recently the flow sensor also went. The low flow light stays on but the measuring glass test still shows the same 250cc flow and sometimes the blue water injection indicator light just stays on for no reason at all, I am currently being sent a new flow sensor... I think (communication has been poor).

I spent the extra money to get the "good" system, but so far my experience has been that my free do it yourself system that I had before this produced better performance (straight methanol, an EFI fuel pump, and a homemade nozzel with a boost switch). I wanted a failsafe but the first thing to fail on my Perrin system is the failsafe setup, what good is that?

Enough venting...

I need input on the following.

1. Is there a problem with my PWI-1 system as to its lack of flow? I have seen other tests on the same system that match mine.

2. I have an extra shurflo style pump, is there anyway I could work this into my perrin system (as a huge primer pump or otherwise). I figure I need to double my flow, about 500-600cc.

Thank you for any input in this matter.
Old 28-05-2008, 01:51 AM

I did get the new flow sensor today. I installed it, but my low flow light is still on.

The old sensor was rated to flow 100-450 ML/min. The new one was 100-1200 ML/min.

Both have a .5-4.5 volt output, so I assume the new sensor would put out less than half the voltage at 450 ML as the old sensor. I don't think that can work.

Help.