waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 20-07-2015, 06:08 PM

Default Looking for right angle 3/8BSPP to 6MM

As seen in this picture but all metal if possible. This one is on my car now and is leaking. Of course its the pressure side of the pump. You can see the air in the line. I looked around on howertonengineering didn't see it. I suppose I could look through SMCs catalog and find it.

Old 20-07-2015, 06:42 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Looking for right angle 3/8BSPP to 6MM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk01s4 View Post
As seen in this picture but all metal if possible. This one is on my car now and is leaking. Of course its the pressure side of the pump. You can see the air in the line. I looked around on howertonengineering didn't see it. I suppose I could look through SMCs catalog and find it.
Not sure where you found those push-on fittings. You can get the 90-degree fitting here.

The AEM fitting is extremely restrictive, not good for the suction side of the pump.

Richard
Old 20-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Not sure where you found those push-on fittings. You can get the 90-degree fitting here.

The AEM fitting is extremely restrictive, not good for the suction side of the pump.

Richard
This was an HFS-1 to HFS-3 upgrade. The original HFS-1 kit included those swivels to connect to the pump. See http://www.rallysportdirect.com/cata...081rd_1_lg.jpg

so that swivel is 1/8 BSP on both sides? I would need a pump inlet adapter as well ? http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-5...utlet-adaptor/

AEM fitting? You referring to my filter? Sad to say that the Aquamist filter isn't very good and over time it leaks. I have a metal tank that I don't want to drill to install your intake filter. Always a hassle trying to get it to seal. I wish Aquamist would make a filter like AEM has. PnP no nonsense.
Old 20-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
This was an HFS-1 to HFS-3 upgrade. The original HFS-1 kit included those swivels to connect to the pump. See http://www.rallysportdirect.com/cata...081rd_1_lg.jpg

so that swivel is 1/8 BSP on both sides? I would need a pump inlet adapter as well ? http://www.aquamist-direct.com/806-5...utlet-adaptor/

AEM fitting? You referring to my filter? Sad to say that the Aquamist filter isn't very good and over time it leaks. I have a metal tank that I don't want to drill to install your intake filter. Always a hassle trying to get it to seal. I wish Aquamist would make a filter like AEM has. PnP no nonsense.
I never know they offer an H1-H3 upgrade.

I have not heard once anyone reporting a leak on the in-tank filter. If the hole is not perfectly smooth, it will leak but it is not our fault.

Yes, you do need two 3/8 BSP to 1/8 BSP female and two 90-deg. fitting.

All push-on fittings will leak in time. This applies to the AEM filter if they supply push-on fittings on their filter.

Have you tried this one? It is a compression type fitting.
Old 20-07-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I never know they offer an H1-H3 upgrade.

I have not heard once anyone reporting a leak on the in-tank filter. If the hole is not perfectly smooth, it will leak but it is not our fault.

Yes, you do need two 3/8 BSP to 1/8 BSP female and two 90-deg. fitting.

All push-on fittings will leak in time. This applies to the AEM filter if they supply push-on fittings on their filter.

Have you tried this one? It is a compression type fitting.
They don't offer an HFS1 to HFS3 upgrade I just called it that. I made the move from an HFS-1 to an HFS-3. I hope that clears it up.

I'll also need two 6mm to 1/8 BSP compression fittings as well ?

That aquamist filter you referenced is the one I dot have much luck with. The internal plastic Orings crack and it leaks. Already tried a few and gave up.

Last edited by blk01s4; 20-07-2015 at 07:56 PM.
Old 20-07-2015, 07:59 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
They don't offer an HFS1 to HFS3 upgrade I just called it that. I made the move from an HFS-1 to an HFS-3. I hope that clears it up.

I'll also need two 6mm to 1/8 BSP compression fittings as well ? Question, moving to 1/8 BSP going to limit my flow through the 6mm hose ?

That aquamist filter you referenced is the one I dot have much luck with. The internal plastic Orings crack and it leaks. Already tried a few and gave up.
Plastic will crack from over tightening. As far as I know, the AEM filter is designed for 1/4" hose (6.34mm). How did you manage to splice them with 6mm hose?

The internal o-ring is made of nylon, Majority of fishing lines are made with nylon. I cannot see how it can crack. Have tried to break them with you hands? They win every time.

So you can continue to use the AEM filter with 1/4" push-on fittings. The aquamist 90-degree fitting+1/8BSP/6mm compression fitting might work. May need to drill the collar entry hole to 1/4" to accept the imperial hose.

By no means this is a recommendation from me so if it doesn't work. Don't blame me.

What kind of restriction are you referring to? Please explain.
Old 20-07-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Plastic will crack from over tightening. As far as I know, the AEM filter is designed for 1/4" hose (6.34mm). How did you manage to splice them with 6mm hose?

The internal o-ring is made of nylon, Majority of fishing lines are made with nylon. I cannot see how it can crack. Have tried to break them with you hands? They win every time.

So you can continue to use the AEM filter with 1/4" push-on fittings. The aquamist 90-degree fitting+1/8BSP/6mm compression fitting might work. May need to drill the collar entry hole to 1/4" to accept the imperial hose.

By no means this is a recommendation from me so if it doesn't work. Don't blame me.

What kind of restriction are you referring to? Please explain.
I must have gorilla hands then because they leak. I did have one that lasted for a few years then started to drip. I am using 6mm hose with the 1/4" push on fittings. I know its not a perfect fit and tested it for leaks, so far so good. If it starts to leak I can unscrew the 1/4 push on fittings and screw in some metric ones. No drilling for me sir, I try to avoid at all costs modifying things!

As for the restriction question I edited that from my post because I was reading that the pump uses a 1/8 BSP to 6mm hose adapter anyways. Dumb question sorry.
Old 21-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Gorilla hands or not, a 6 mm line will not fit into a 1/4" push fitting without the risk of leaking in the future.

If you are not prepare to use all aquamist supplied fitting with the kit, I cannot see how I can help you. It is not that difficult to drill a hole on sheet metal.

I rather you not making remarks on our components without mentioning there are many size-mis-matches on your set up with third party imperial fittings.

"All" push-fit fittings will leak, depending on when. The AEM filter uses push-fit fittings. I will repeat, the AEM filter is a very restrictive, not recommended for the suction side of the pump.
Old 21-07-2015, 07:54 PM

There are mismatched sizes. Thanks for your help Richard.
Old 27-07-2015, 08:07 PM

Hi Richard reporting in. New swivel fittings are in they are a very nice piece! I am running a dual nozzle setup, .9 and a 1.0 not seeing any flow problems from the pump with that AEM filter installed. Has Aquamist done performance tests on the filter itself ?