waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 06-06-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Boot installation and primer pumps.

I`ve seen a few installs on here with the ERL pump in the boot, is there any disadvantage with having shuch a long line from the pump to the jet?

Also if the pump is directly under the water bottle is there a need to have a priming pump at all? will it lenghten the service life of the ERL pump?

My system will comprise of 1 jet to start, will a priming pump fitted shift more water (say for a meduim sized jet?).

I`ll be running a decent guage wire to the back if the car to supply enough power, just the lenght of the delivery pipe worries me.

Cheers
Old 06-06-2005, 11:28 PM

Hi keithmac,

I've got the same sort of setup, on a twinturbo v6, the good thing about having a long pipe is that you don't need an accumulator(the length of the pipe is the accumulator) to get the extra flow you get from one.

I run a heavy guage wire also, the priming pump enables the erl pump to shift more water up to ~600ml , instead of 330ml stock or ~360ml with accumulator, but your not using more than 330ml then priming pump is not needed with pump under tank.

Cheers
Ryan
Old 07-06-2005, 01:21 PM

Cheers for the avice, I think I`ll start with no primer and go from there, 300ml is probably more than enough for what I need.