waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 10-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Default Direct Port Injection on Honda S2000 with ITB's

I'm currently in the process of putting a new engine in my car and I'm planning to use direct port injection along with turbo intake injection. My goal is 600 whp on 92 octane pump gas. I'm currently on hold with the project as I'm waiting for the Hayward to build my 50 mm ITB intake system. In the meantime I'm collecting parts - so far I have the Aquamist/Shurflo pump, 2d system, and the DDS3 v8. Brainstorming this, I've come up with the following questions:

1. Since I'm using an AEM 10 channel peak and hold injector driver and I'm only using 4 of the channels, would it be possible to use 4 of the other channels to drive 4 Aquamist HSV's?
2. If not, how would I go about setting up a true port injection that follows the corresponding fuel injector pulses and duty cycle?
3. It seems to me that with one injector pulse input to the FIA2 controlling one HSV feeding 4 direct port jets, the water/methanol flow would be all out of sequence. Am I missing something here?

Richard, did Aquamist ever come out with those turbo input jet holders?
Old 15-01-2007, 09:53 AM

I'd have to hand most of this off to Richard as I have never builit a direct port injection setup, I've always dabbled with the classic intake and pre-turbo setups.

As far as your first question, it would make sense logically but do not know the current limits of the AEM and the current draw for the HSV's. I'm sure some of that info is here on the forum but I do not know if off the top of my head.

Your second and third questions raise some interesting questions of their own. At high rpm the time delay between injection and valve opening is only going to be measured in milliseconds, especially in a high reving engine like the Honda. I'm not sure it would make much difference if you were in sequence or not. For example fuel injectors at high rpm are nearly spraying continuously but the intake valve is only open for about 1/4 of the time the engine takes to revolve 2 times.

Richard you have any hard data on the direct port setups and timing ?

Larry
Old 16-01-2007, 03:13 AM

Thanks Larry. I'm waiting anxiously for Richards thoughts. In addition to the direct port injection I'll be running a jet to the turbo input. I'll probably run .4 jets on the ports and one .5 mm on the turbo input. 20 psi of boost should give me about 600 whp. I'll probably use 10 or 12 psi as the turn on point.
Old 17-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Direct Port Injection on Honda S2000 with ITB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by fperra
I'm currently in the process of putting a new engine in my car and I'm planning to use direct port injection along with turbo intake injection. My goal is 600 whp on 92 octane pump gas. I'm currently on hold with the project as I'm waiting for the Hayward to build my 50 mm ITB intake system. In the meantime I'm collecting parts - so far I have the Aquamist/Shurflo pump, 2d system, and the DDS3 v8. Brainstorming this, I've come up with the following questions:

1. Since I'm using an AEM 10 channel peak and hold injector driver and I'm only using 4 of the channels, would it be possible to use 4 of the other channels to drive 4 Aquamist HSV's?
2. If not, how would I go about setting up a true port injection that follows the corresponding fuel injector pulses and duty cycle?
3. It seems to me that with one injector pulse input to the FIA2 controlling one HSV feeding 4 direct port jets, the water/methanol flow would be all out of sequence. Am I missing something here?

Richard, did Aquamist ever come out with those turbo input jet holders?
fperra,

Answera to your questions:
1. 4x HSV is possible but very expensive. Since water injection is rarely needed at low or mid throttle. It is possible to use one HSV to feed 4x nozzles.
2. You can copy the fuel map and drive the PWM dierectly.
3. For high throttle, high boost, it is not necessary to run multi-point sequential injection. Sequential is designed for low throttle, cruise economy and emission.

We can make them to order, becuase there are so many inlet diameters.

Richard
Old 18-01-2007, 12:41 AM

OK. So if I use the FIA2 to drive the 4 direct port jets, should I input it with from just one injector, or should I use 2 injectors parallel'd through blocking diodes? I assume driving the HSV from the Peak and hold injector driver gives the same results as using the FIA2. Is this a good assumption?
Old 18-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fperra
OK. So if I use the FIA2 to drive the 4 direct port jets, should I input it with from just one injector, or should I use 2 injectors parallel'd through blocking diodes? I assume driving the HSV from the Peak and hold injector driver gives the same results as using the FIA2. Is this a good assumption?
If you use FIA2, You will tap the idc from only one injector. If you parallel input with two injector signals, water will no longer linear. The WI duty cycle will reqch 100% too early.

You can drive the HSV with the spares "peak and hold" channel. Since teh HSV onlt draw 1A curemnt, I doubt the P&H will ever kicks into action.