waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 28-02-2014, 12:40 PM

Default failsafe setting

My car is Audi 2001 RS4 2.7 TT , so far around 730bph and EV14 980cc fuel injectors x 6 used. I finished my HFS4 DIY and two 0.9 jets. But I confused about WH and WL failsafe setting. I follow the instrustion step by step to setting.

1.Start with the WL trimmer on the gauge set full left (CCW) and the WH full right (CW). Put the system in test to spray 100%, (in open air) for no more than 1 minute at a time. -- pass

2.Turn the SC trimmer on the gauge until 6 of the 8 bars are lit up. -- pass

3.Turn the WH to the left (ccw) slowly until the ?B? light at the end of the gauge flashes or goes off. Stop, and turn it back clockwise 1-2 clicks. Take the system out of test. The high failsafe is now set. -- my WH stay at 11 o'clock, it look too aggressive. Is it normal or not ? thanks
Old 28-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: failsafe setting

WH at 11 o/c is a bit aggressive. Drive the car for a few days. If the failsafe kicks in at full throttle, advance HW a few clicks CW.

When WH is at full CCW, it trip at ~4 bars.

You can use the BAR link during the SYS test and see where the "B" setting is. You should unplug the red and blue harness to stop any water getting into the engine.

Let me know. You have done well with the setting up.
Old 28-02-2014, 02:34 PM

Thanks. Let me clear.
1. When WH is at full CCW, it trip at ~4 bars. That said Turn the SC trimmer on the gauge until 6 of the 8 bars are lit up.. Should be 4 of 8 bars, not 6 of the 8 bars.
2. Use the BAR link during the SYS test and see where the "B" setting is. You should unplug the red and blue harness to stop any water getting into the engine. The result B is 4 bars.
Old 28-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The BAR mode + SC trimmer helps you to determine where the WL and WH is. When finished , unlink BAR mode. You can do this with the red and blue harness unplugged
Old 01-03-2014, 03:40 PM

I finished my failsafe setting. First I do FDC jump to check my injector Duty cycle, but nothing showed on gauge. I reviwed my fuel injectors are bosch EV14 980 cc that is big one, so I cut link pre-amp x1 and solder to x1.5. Very good the FDC showed on my gauge, then very quick to finish SC and WH and WL. Now SC is 2 o'clock, WL is 11 o'clock, WH is 2 o'clock. Also I set the THRES around duty cycle 36% ( 11 o'clock ) and P/I R kept 50/50% ( 12 o'clock ), because when boost value is 0.7 bar my fuel injector duty cycle is 36%. Other trimmer is kept no change.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

You are very able . Most impressed.
The SC, WL and WH setting looks a lot better.

How many bars was the gauge displaying whenFDC is linked?
Old 01-03-2014, 04:25 PM

How many bars was the gauge displaying whenFDC is linked?
When the boost value is 0.6-0.7 bar, the FDC is 2 bar , just between 25% and 50 %
Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is still quite low. if you have 6x 980cc injectors, the total is fuel good for well over 1000bhp. Based on you fuel dc, you should be in the region of 500-600 bhp.

Two choices:
1. you can up the gain trimmer.
2. You can solder link x2.5.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
It is still quite low. if you have 6x 980cc injectors, the total is fuel good for well over 1000bhp. Based on you fuel dc, you should be in the region of 500-600 bhp.

Two choices:
1. you can up the gain trimmer.
2. You can solder link x2.5.
That is right. My car is around 750 bhp. And peak boost value is 1.85 bar ( 28.5 psi). The 2 bar FDC is just 0.6 bars initial spoon up. But I do not test full WOT to determine FDC. Your advise 1. gain trimmer 2. solder link x 2.5 . I choice one my favor or do both ??
Old 01-03-2014, 05:30 PM

Also my car is conventional fuel injection systems , no DI fueling systems. Is it good to soler x2.5 pre- gain.
(a) x1.0 (default): This one is for conventional fuel injection systems and some DI systems.
(b) x1.5: For systems with over-sized fuel injectors designed for E85 fuel that run on 100% gasoline.
(c) x2.5: For 95% of the current DI fueling systems.