waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 14-06-2010, 06:33 PM

Exclamation HFS3 initial setup query post install

Got the kit installed this weekend but had no time to try tune it.It's the kit specifically for the VW/Ausi FSI system and I am using it on my K04 G5 GTI DSG. I am also using twin 0.7mm nozzles with a single 0.9mm valve. I know I am being quite vauge but think you will get the just of what I am trying to say.

The light(inside the controller) showing the injector on does flash quite fast and as you increase the revs it flashes faster until it looks solid and glows bright. So looks like it is working.

The small on off gauge is currently installed and the main flow gauge is on order for next months update.

The gauge is orange and then glows green once ready and is solid.

However even at 26psi boost it doesn't flash at all so am hoping it just needs tweaking ?

Any thoughts ?
I presume it is not injecting anything yet ?

On Wednesday we have a public holiday here in S.A. so will take her on the road and get her tuned up if possible.

Is it just not kicking in due to having the default settings and need to make the settings more aggresive ?
Old 15-06-2010, 03:46 PM

Default Re: HFS3 initial setup query post install

Nobody ? Anything ?
Old 15-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hello playback,

I can only work on the technical support before work and after work as work is extremely busy. I was unable to access the forum.

Can you confirm where S.A is? Can you tell me if you have Modified [dioopne] any links on the underside of the circuit board?
Old 16-06-2010, 05:40 AM

SA is South Africa where the world cup is being held

Sorry but I am not sure what you mean by "(dioopne) any links on the underside"
Old 16-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

My bad typing. Modified was the word I tried to type. S.A, it is.

Have you contacted pregga or preggie? Both of them have some experience with this car as I try to work it through with them.

For direction system, you need to use the yello wand red wire of the grey connector and link PWM+ to PWM- at the bottom of the circuit board.
Old 18-06-2010, 05:09 AM

They are actually my tuners from RFC and I used there recommended installer.

It might be working fine. But havn't had a chance to check it yet. Car will hopefully be at there shop on the weekend and they can check it out then.

A boost pipe came off in the meantime so they will instakk a new longer one and can check injection at the same time
Old 18-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

May be send me a picture of the undwrside of the circuit board and see if thay have configured the system correctly. Different models of direct-injection car has many variations feven from the same manufacturer.

Can you tell me the volatge reading of test pin16 at idle, cruising and WOT. Simple voltage test would be seeing a voltage spike when blipping the throttle.

Ask the shop to contact via email richard@aquamist.co.uk Unfornately I am away this weekend.
Old 24-06-2010, 07:42 PM

Thanks for the pointers.

I will finally be installing my problomatic pipe on Saturday morning and afterwards will be doing my W/I test and setup.

Will let you know how it goes ........I'm not excited but it's only 2 more sleeps
Old 26-06-2010, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
May be send me a picture of the undwrside of the circuit board and see if thay have configured the system correctly. Different models of direct-injection car has many variations feven from the same manufacturer.

Can you tell me the volatge reading of test pin16 at idle, cruising and WOT. Simple voltage test would be seeing a voltage spike when blipping the throttle.

Ask the shop to contact via email richard@aquamist.co.uk Unfornately I am away this weekend.
Will try get this info for you. Do u mean pic of the underside of the aquamist board where u make the adjustments ?

Test pin 16 at idle... um where would I find this pin ? And how could I measure the voltage on it... VAG Com or a multimetre ?

Thanks again for the help.
Old 30-06-2010, 09:12 AM

Just at FRC work shop now and they found that a cable that was running off of the ECU was not connected correctly. have now run it from a different location.

They tried one of the controllers from Prega's car in mine and it did the exact same thing...not work

System started working straight away like it should.

They just neetening it up again and will drive it and let you know how it goes.

Glad the worst is over with