waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 23-04-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Bigger injectors and increased flow

Hello Richard and others that can help me ;-) I have one of the very first versions of the HFS-6 WI system on my Mazda RX7 FD3S, I choose not to use the "summer" as I had the stock injector sizes and would only have the system to inject Water/meth. when my 850 cc secondary injectors came on ! so Richard set the flow of the WI to 850cc injectors from the factory as I understand. My question is, now I have upgraded my secondary injectors to 1680cc and therefore I assume I would allso have to increase the flow of the WI to match the 1680cc injectors ? I still only want to have the WI come on when the secondary injectors comes on (I still got the stock 550cc primary injectors) so where do I ajust the flow of the WI ? as I can see it all the small dials inside the WI computer are in the middle setting ! hope you can help me, thanks in advance Guys :-)

Rene
DENMARK
Old 24-04-2015, 02:10 PM

Smile Re: Bigger injectors and increased flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Barfred View Post
Hello Richard and others that can help me ;-) I have one of the very first versions of the HFS-6 WI system on my Mazda RX7 FD3S, I choose not to use the "summer" as I had the stock injector sizes and would only have the system to inject Water/meth. when my 850 cc secondary injectors came on ! so Richard set the flow of the WI to 850cc injectors from the factory as I understand. My question is, now I have upgraded my secondary injectors to 1680cc and therefore I assume I would allso have to increase the flow of the WI to match the 1680cc injectors ? I still only want to have the WI come on when the secondary injectors comes on (I still got the stock 550cc primary injectors) so where do I ajust the flow of the WI ? as I can see it all the small dials inside the WI computer are in the middle setting ! hope you can help me, thanks in advance Guys :-)

Rene
DENMARK
Anyone ? Please !

Rene
DENMARK
Old 26-04-2015, 01:59 PM

Smile Re: Bigger injectors and increased flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene Barfred View Post
Anyone ? Please !

Rene
DENMARK
Really ? do no one know about this ? Richard ? I am in a little hurry now, because I will have my car mapped on Thursday and would like to get it right before that ;-)

Rene
DENMARK
Old 28-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Bigger injectors and increased flow

Sorry, Just noticed this post.

You can adjust the gain trimmer to increase the flow to match the new injectors.
Old 25-05-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Sorry, Just noticed this post.

You can adjust the gain trimmer to increase the flow to match the new injectors.

Hi Richard ��

Thanks a lot for the reply, ok so I just go inside the computer that controls the WI and turn the gain trimmer clockwise to match my new 1680cc injectors �� right now it is in the middle setting, where would you think I should turn it to? Thanks in advance.

Rene
Old 26-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

You need to adjust the "gain" trimmer to 2pm. Make sure the 95% led does not come on at full power. If it does, you need to get a bigger jet.
Old 26-09-2016, 08:12 PM

i have recently upgraded my injectors on my Porsche 996tt from 72lbs to 1300cc. How do i no where to set the gain trimmer too?
Old 22-10-2016, 07:42 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

There is no incoming "IDC" compensation adjustment on the HFS6. The "gain" trimmer can be used.