waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-4 forum

Old 18-04-2023, 01:39 PM

Default Troubleshooting issues (MK7 Golf R)

Hi all, I had my HFS-4 wired up and working properly about 3 years ago. Everything was working fine when I last used it. Went about 1 year with it disabled (tank was basically dry and just left the controller off).

Recently decided to start it up again, filled the tank and re-enabled but now doesn't seem I'm getting any spray. Any ideas for troubleshooting?

When I tried driving with the same setup, once the water is supposed to kick on I hear a "click click click click click" noise coming from the pump area and that's about it. But no bars on the controller, and the "water level" light comes on even though the tank is full.

I tried the 'system setup' procedure by disconnecting the 6mm from the FAV, linking the SYS header and I do hear the pump priming but it never quiets down after ~10-15 seconds like the instructions say it should and don't seem to be getting any water. The controller gets very hot after about 20 seconds of this so I stop it.

I'm no expert at this stuff but starting to lean towards maybe a bad relay , or pump?.. I'm really not sure where to start looking or what to test to isolate it.

But any ideas or tips of troubleshooting steps?
Thanks!