waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2006, 01:50 PM

Default What kind of set up on a 1000bhp vw engine?

Hi boys and girls,

I've designed an engine based on the 1.8 20vt and I'm shifting enough air for a theoretical 1000bhp (1500cfm). Naturally, to attain anywhere near that level of power I'm going to have to reduce combustion temperatures. This will allow me to introduce more air and fuel to try and reach my goal. It is a 4 cyl. engine capable of up to 5 bar boost in the inlet plenum and runners. The throttle body is positioned directly on the end of the carbon fibre plenum. I will have a dual injector set up on each runner of the inlet manifold. ECU will be something like a MoTec m400.

What kind of WI factors do I need to consider for this setup? Naturally, my first concern is the hardware aspect. ie what kind of jets, how many, positioning, etc. What injection pump do I need to overcome manifold pressure and what pressure does it need to run at to give good spray pattern? Any thing really that you can think of.

And now for a very silly question: How much water / maths should I expect to use for this setup? I assume that Wi h20 consuption is based on combustion temps, but on high performance cars, when the inj is being used is there a generally accepted ratio for fuel:water/meths or air cfm:water/meths? I don't want to inject too much h20, so there must be an ideal ratio. If I know this, I can size a tank for WI, with respect to my fuel tank.

Thank you,

Rich