waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 31-05-2016, 03:06 AM

Default Fail safe wiring

After a search and a lott of reading and re reading the install manual I think Ihave figured this out but need to make sure . The turbosmart Eboost street 40 boost controller has 2 boost maps that can be switched by grounding the switch wire .The standalone ECU I am using has 2 fuel/timing tables that can be switched using a ground in the ecu harness . What my understanding from the research is.In order to use the change over relay in the HFS-3 i would need to ground the white wire , and then use the brown wire to tie into the boost controller /ecu . This would let it switch tables when the fail safe comes on .
normal mode grd on boost table/fuel/timing table 2
failsafe mode grd off boost table/fuel/timing table 1
Is this correct ?
mike
Old 31-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Fail safe wiring

Can the wires of the boost controller an ECU be tided together? If yes, you can wire them as you described. The brown and white wire is correct.
Old 31-05-2016, 12:37 PM

Richard I will check with both companies to see if it would be a issue , I could just put a diode in the ecu &controller wires so they dont back feed each other .
Thank you for the fast response
mike
Old 02-06-2016, 12:17 AM

Richard after some research i dont think the diodes will work.I was told they will not flow negative current <ground> . So I came up with another solution thank god I read the install book a few times . I am still going to ground the white wire. I remember looking at the fail safe out put switching tables and seeing that the white would switch between the brown and black wires when triggered , when one is off the other is on. Each unit <ECU &boost controller>that I am trying to table switch has 2 seprate tables that i can configure any way i want .
white grd
fail safe off white-brown controller high boost 1
black ecu WI fuel table/timing 2
fail safe on brown controller normal boost 2
white-black ecu normal fuel/timing table 1
I think that would be the best way to set up the fail safe for my set up
mike