waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 23-03-2010, 08:03 AM

Default Re: How much power should i be making once meth injected??

ok well basically weather i use C16 or E85 or water/meth im going to have to add more boost and timing to see any hp gains

so my initial question was roughly how much gains should i see??

say with my current setup im on 270awkw at 20psi at 7800rpm and if on water/meth i went 28psi @ 9000rpm what would be my rough gains if i followed richardL's guidlines of:

100% water..... run 10-15% of water to fuel (300cc to 450cc/min)
M50:W50 ....... 15-20% to fuel (450-600cc/min)
M100% ....... 20-25% to fuel: 600cc to 750cc/min

what are the downsides to running 100% meth injection? is it corrosive?
Old 24-03-2010, 12:05 AM

I have run 100% Meth (in the region of 2l/min)for a while now with no downsides. Main problem for me was tuning the transition into meth as I have a basic on/off system (have got it running seamlessly now but it took some time..).

Without meth on UK fuel I could only run 12psi without having to pull loads of ignition timing and kill the power/ response of the engine. With the Meth active I can run anything the turbos can chuck out with 0 knock counts and more timing!, wastegates are blowing open at 22psi but I`ve seen 26+ with the front wired shut.

Even at 12psi I can feel a difference between straight petrol and Methanol (I believe as well as cooling the charge Methanol also supplies extra oxygen to the combustion chamber).

If you run a big quantity of Methanol you need very good failsafes incase of an injection fault, I have a few.

1. Boost controller will shut down if the AFR goes leaner than 11.8:1 (petrol afr).
2. Boost controller is powered from the Meth pump live, if there is a power problem to the pump the car won`t boost..
3. The fuel map transition is activated by the Meth pump live, no pump activation means no main fuel enleanment.
4. Low Meth level in tank will shut down pump/ boost controller and 2nd fuel map.

Works very well for me, will have to get my car on a dyno but the difference is night and day between straight petrol and meth injection.

Car is a 3l Twin Turbo Mitsubishi GTO (hybrid TD04-16g`s).
Old 28-03-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Godfather,

I think you are missing the point of the action of water/methanol injection va power vs C16. Listen and learn for riceracing.

Three major items are needed to make aditional power:
1. More oxygen (+fuel) ....... bigger turbo and nitrous. Nitromethane give you both.
2. Knock free ....... the biggest enemy to power. Water or C16 can help
3. Combustion temperature ...... alumimium piston melts at 550C. Without incylinder cooling by water, your power production is limited.
Can we inject nitromethane too ?

Whilst Ive no power figures to give..Ive ran a couple of Subarus with 100% meth injection, and fairly large jets.
Was easy to pick up 5mph or so at the end of the 1/4 after re-tuning, and were using a little over 30psi boost on 97RON pump fuel.

Turbo's used on those cars were approx T61 and T63mm, so slightly smaller than your GT35.

It was a few years ago, but I think highest trap was around 137mph on bog standard road tyres, full weight road car.

As for the OP using E85 as a fuel...from what you say, your fuel system will have no chance of supporting it.
In fact your existing 750cc injectors are probably already being pushed hard.
Old 28-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
Can we inject nitromethane too ?
Nitromethane: yes you can but you have use a separate injectionsystem because all the WMI system will be able to cope with nitromethane - all rubber/plastic wetting parts will parish very quickly.