waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 27-05-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Charged Focus

I have a jackson racing supercharger on my zts focus,so i guess this question is for focus owners with chargers but input form anyone with a turbo/supercharger would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of charger do you have?
How much boost are you running?
How did you achive higher boost without distroying the charger?
What are the limits of the charger?
Can you inject befor the blower?
What kind of horsepower/torque increas did you get?
What do you think i should do to my focus?

I already have Eiback suspension,ford racing shorty headers,off road pipe,roots type 5psi blower,magna flow cat back,
Old 11-07-2004, 12:58 AM

I am running a somewhat modified Precision kit on my ZX3 - it is based on a Garrett GT28R. I tuned it myself using SCT chip burning software and a J&S Safeguard monitor to keep an eye on knock sensor activity. I am running 12.5 PSI with 92 octane and an Aquamist 1S with a .5mm jet and 75/25 water/methanol.

I have found I can run about 4 degrees more timing with the water on, or about 2 extra pounds of boost. With no changes at all (timing or boost) during back to back dyno runs I found I lost a little torque below 4K, but gained 3-5 whp across the board above that point with the water turned on.
Old 21-08-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Charged focus

I am running the JRSC on my ZX-3 with a 2.3 pulley at 12 PSI WOT with the water starting at 5PSI about 50% capacity then at 10 PSI 100% capacity. Was running 50/50 methanol/nitromethane/water mixture. Finding it difficult to find methanol. switch to denatured SLX alcohol from HD. at 75/25 mix. To get more power out of the JRSC, I am running FR racing head, FR stage 1 cams, Kamakize Race header, Findanza tuned cam gears , Sachs racing clutch, SP stage 2 WI, Volant intake w/Ram air scoop, 65 MM tb, Sun performance ingnition booster, MSD ignition tower, Magnecore wires, 2.5 inch flex, 2.4 inch apexi WS exhaust, full turbo tom MIC fuel system MAf, FR 42 lb injectors, and in the near future adding a 35 shot of zex. Right now I am running 206 WHP with out the zex, with the zex looking for about 240 WHP

I have a 2.6 JRSC pulley that will up your boost to a healthy 8 PSI for $60 they are $90 new and 4 month wait time.