waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 06-06-2011, 09:07 AM

Default HFS-6 with Standalone ECU

Hi Richard

I have previously installed my HFS-6 on my 2008 Subaru Impreza STi, running on a reflashed stock ECU.
Now, I have upgraded to a standalone (Link G4 Xtreme), piggy backing the stock ECU and would like to utilise the failsafe mode. How would I interface the failsafe with my standlone ECU? It has many spare digital/analog inputs.
How can I use the HFS-6 controller to trigger the ECU to switch to a failsafe map?

Thanks!

Cheers
Dennis
Current still on single point water injection on stock engine, hardware for port injection in place, awaiting new engine and turbo
Old 06-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 with Standalone ECU

If you have a spare input to switch between maps, you can send the faislafe signal via the H6's map-switch output.

You can also create a water injection map on your ECU by sending a PWM signal to the H6.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:07 AM

Hi Richard

Map switching is enabled on the ECU, so I'll hook up the pink wire to the ECU input to trigger map switching.
As for the water injection table, I'm intending to tune it directly as an injector, much like the older 2D(?) system with the HSV. The default IDC trigger is 42%, can I set this down to 0 so I work it directly? Or is there a base IDC I must have before the WI will trigger?

Thanks!

Cheers
Dennis
Old 08-06-2011, 04:44 PM

Hi Richard

I have wired up the map switching and did a test to confirm the ECU is switching maps - everything is checking out ok.

I am going to start tuning for WI tomorrow, with the failsafe signal triggering a compensation table for fueling as well as ignition, with a separate 5th injector 'fueling' map to control the HFS-6.

How will the PWM input work? I currently have it wired up as a 5th injector and fed that into the IDC wire on the HFS-6. Based on my understanding, the HFS-6 trigger point is 42% and gradually increases, as per the graph on the manual. Or is there an alternative means of control ala System 2C/D?

Wish me luck!

Cheers
Dennis

PS Photos of the install and tune to come shortly , if everything holds together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakZamGai View Post
Hi Richard

Map switching is enabled on the ECU, so I'll hook up the pink wire to the ECU input to trigger map switching.
As for the water injection table, I'm intending to tune it directly as an injector, much like the older 2D(?) system with the HSV. The default IDC trigger is 42%, can I set this down to 0 so I work it directly? Or is there a base IDC I must have before the WI will trigger?

Thanks!

Cheers
Dennis
Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 PM

Richard,

This function should work for a Hydra ems also i assume??
Old 07-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Yes, it does. Hydra normally send out PWM signals similar to the fuel injectors.