waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 02-04-2012, 12:56 AM

Default Simulating 100% injection test?

I am trying to clear out the old meth from storing the car for the winter and cant seem to get the pump to activate on my 06STI. Here is what I am doing.

Jumper from PRK to TST ignition on, and nothing.

It is been a while since I have had to do this so I just want to know if I am missing something.

M

Old 02-04-2012, 01:31 AM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: Simulating 100% injection test?

That should do it. Check the fuse on the board and the fuse at the pump. All 3 LED's should light up in test mode.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:01 AM

All 3 led light up at the board, checked power at the pump relay and I have main power into relay and power on both leads from the level switch but no power going to the pump from the relay. Tried another relay and same thing.

If I test for power in a clock wise manor on the relay, for some reason when I touch the blue wire the pump will flicker on and then nothing.

This is a straight forward process I know, but for some reason it is not working, am I missing a jumper on my board? This install was redone last year when I had my motor built and Vipec 88 installed by Innovative Tuning in Buffalo. I know they had a few issue's getting things working for fail safes and the had talked to Richard or someone else at AquaMist.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I believe innovate has extensively modified the H6 red harness. It should not affect the truck (blue) harness. I would check any damage on the RJ connector. The plastic flaps between the contant should be fead straight. Other than that I don't know what the problem could be, doubtful is due to the controller - that part of the circuitry is very simple and never under any stress.

Old 02-04-2012, 06:47 PM

Just talked to Mike at Innovative and he said to provide ground on the PWM input on the HFS unit and that will work. This is due to it being wired into the Vipec 88. I will post my results when I do it.

Mark
Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Grounding the green wire exrternally is the same as putting the jumper link to TST. I could be wrong but do it and let me know.

Beware! Make sure the green wire is disconnected to the fuel injector or you will risk opening the fuel injector 100%.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:22 PM

I used the green wire from the ecu connector to ground, to open the solenoid. Also had to jump the power at the pump.

All is good now, the system is wired into the Vipec making the normal operation for priming the HFS-6 not functional.

Thanks
Mark
Old 02-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Next time I will ask how far the system is "off-standatd" before replying.

Tags
hfs-6