waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 24-08-2009, 05:28 AM

sorry but i dont see the alan screw on the pump head. is it dead center on the head uder that circle piece?
Old 24-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Old 24-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I still have not received the parts I replaced.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
I have been informed by aquatec the pump pressure is set to 160psi in "dead head" condition. This means when there is flow, say around 1000cc/min, the pressure will drop down to ~120-125psi.

In order to reset the pressure to 160psi at 1000cc/min. You need to adjust the set screw (on the pumphead) with an allen key (1/16") as follows:
Wind in the screw (clockwise) until you hear a click. Then re-wind (counter-clockwise) 1 complete turn. This sets the system pressure to 160psi.

Future HFS-6 delivery will have a supplimentary insert in the user manual, instructing the above. Apologise for the noticing this earlier due to some mis-communication between Aquatec and us.
Can this click be replicated? I was turning mine too fast and I'm not sure at what point I heard the 'click'. I estimated, but I'd like to go slower and get it exact if it is possible.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:36 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

I have used this method on eight pumps, all within +/- 5psi. It doesn't metter the speed you are doing it. If in double, put a small pressure gauge on one of the spare output port of the pump.
Old 26-01-2010, 06:19 PM

It is odd that it takes an inconsistent amount of turning to get the pump to "click" when turning that pressure set screw clockwise. For example, it took me 4 full turns to hear the click from wherever it was set when shipped, then I turned it back 1 full turn. So I thought maybe I should test it again to ensure it is at the right spot. This time it took 2.5 turns to hear the click! I again, turned it back 1 full turn and left it there. I do have a cheap pressure gauge on one of the ports, but the needle vibrates when the pump is on making it hard to read accurately... (sigh)
Old 26-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Howerton Engineering

We have found the same inconsistencies in getting to the click, but the running pressure results seem much more reliable. It should give a running pressure about 160psi(at 100% IDC) with one turn back.

How much is your pressure gauge moving? Try pulling the jet from the car and putting the test jumper on and spraying at 100% as this will hold open the FCM and possibly give you better reading. We usually measure running pressure at the FCM inlet but that shouldn't make a big difference.
Old 27-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howerton Engineering
We have found the same inconsistencies in getting to the click, but the running pressure results seem much more reliable. It should give a running pressure about 160psi(at 100% IDC) with one turn back.

How much is your pressure gauge moving? Try pulling the jet from the car and putting the test jumper on and spraying at 100% as this will hold open the FCM and possibly give you better reading. We usually measure running pressure at the FCM inlet but that shouldn't make a big difference.
I think the issue is that the pump vibrates when it is on. I should consider moving the gauge to the FCM, but it's all nicely tucked away - I can just look down through the engine bay and read the pressure as it stands... If I turn the pump on at 100% test and then turn the system off from the gauge, I think the pressure should remain constant, correct? Using this method (prior to calibration), I got a reading of 120 psi. I haven't tested yet after fiddling with this set screw. Will report back...
Old 20-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Before cover everything up, please post some installation pictures here.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM

Default Re: HFS-6 rev.1: known issues and technical helps

You were right about the pressure. I put a pressure snubber and 0-350 psi sender and it reads 170-180 psi at about 1/2 full IDC. It's hard for me to get to 100% IDC with 1000 cc injectors!

I have saved several good pics of the installation. Waiting to create some data logs with various fluid combos, pre and post turbo, and with dyno data!

Excellent kit. I've been testing the failsafe before I change my tune, both low flow and high flow conditions - works pretty well!

EDIT: Actually I had a question about the failsafe. The manual does not indicate what the failsafe sensitivity trimmer adjustment range is. How quickly can I get the failsafe to send an error signal when it detects a problem?

EDIT: Never mind, found Richard's excellent post here (should be added to the manual): http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/...6&postcount=20

Last edited by rcdash; 13-04-2010 at 05:16 PM.