waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 18-02-2010, 02:00 AM

Default HFS-6 in Audi A4 1.8t bt

HI I decided to get one of these for my car..I opened this thread to deal with install and serve as a reference for other people that want to install it in the same car. So it will be updated often with lots of pictures
This where it is going in

turbo is a garrett gt30/40 which is a hybrid between a gt30 and gt35...Everything is done in the motor, a 2.1 liter now, intake manifold with larger plenum and velocity stacks, full race exhaust manifold

I am currently changing the intercooler set up, fitting a larger intercooler as well as making it fit with an oem s4 bumper

I am already talking to Howerton eng about this set up via e mail...As a result I am now making some chages to my set up in order to accomodate for WI...
MY bov and the map sensor were in the pipe between the ic and tb, I have now moved the map sensor in the intercooler tank and the bov will pe placed pre intercooler. This will leave me with a clean pipe from the intercooler to tb for a nozzle placement.
I will post pictures soon of my trunk to discuss pump and tank fitment issues
Thanks and waiting for opinions ...your ideas are welcome
Old 20-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

This is an incredible build, keep the pictures coming.

If possible put the BOV (if used) nearer to the exit of the intercooler so that you are able to place the water jet/jets a good distance from the TB. This will allow water to mix with the air and more time to evaporate during the journey to the TB. As water begins to evaporate, droplet size will reduce. Smaller droplets will help better incyliner distribution.

Looking forward to discuss the water tank and pump location.
Old 20-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
This is an incredible build, keep the pictures coming.

If possible put the BOV (if used) nearer to the exit of the intercooler so that you are able to place the water jet/jets a good distance from the TB. This will allow water to mix with the air and more time to evaporate during the journey to the TB. As water begins to evaporate, droplet size will reduce. Smaller droplets will help better incyliner distribution.

Looking forward to discuss the water tank and pump loxcation.
Welcome on the boat...I intend to use a 6 gallon tank with a 2 quart surge tank...Will take pictures now of the trunk area..
In regards to the bov position a lot of people say to place it as close as possible to the tb, however after reading a bit I found a counterargument that I think makes sense...the air travels from the turbo to the tb through the intercooler, it makes no sense to heat soak the intercooler with air that you are not using...this is why I want to put it before the ic..
Old 20-02-2010, 08:52 PM

Pictures are up

In the first picture you can see where I intent to put the main 6 gallon tank
Then I was thinking of the pump and the surge tank in the spare tire well

Le me know what you think
Old 20-02-2010, 10:29 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Are you putting the 6 gallon tank in the middle of the car, against the back seat? If you are not using the tyre well, it is sensible to put the pump and surge tank there. It is a pity abiut the raised cnetre part of the type well.

On my previous post, I wasn't suggesting you putting the jet before the intercooler. Does the opposite side of the intercooler (exit side) have a cast bung, intended some something? Nort a bad place to put a water jet there.

Pre-IC is useful in the hot summer and track days. In cold winter the spray wil condense and stay in the bottom of the IC and may cause corrosion in the long term.

It all depend on which part of the world you are located.
Old 21-02-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L
Are you putting the 6 gallon tank in the middle of the car, against the back seat? If you are not using the tyre well, it is sensible to put the pump and surge tank there. It is a pity abiut the raised cnetre part of the type well.

On my previous post, I wasn't suggesting you putting the jet before the intercooler. Does the opposite side of the intercooler (exit side) have a cast bung, intended some something? Nort a bad place to put a water jet there.

Pre-IC is useful in the hot summer and track days. In cold winter the spray wil condense and stay in the bottom of the IC and may cause corrosion in the long term.

It all depend on which part of the world you are located.
Canada HAHA!!
YEs that cast bung I thing is for brackets to be mounted...I shaved it of on the driver side and installed the map sensor in that area..
The raised part in the spare well houses a pump for fuel evap...I want to put the tank on driver side, if you look at the first picture, it would allow me to flip the seats if I have to...
The intercooler tanks are like 5mm thick so I can put a jet anywhere there

I was talking about the bov being mounted preintercooler and not the nozzle
More pictures coming now
Old 21-02-2010, 12:44 AM

Old 13-03-2010, 09:45 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-6 in Audi A4 1.8t bt

Do you really need so many coolers in Canada? 9 months of the year is under snow
Old 24-03-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Do you really need so many coolers in Canada? 9 months of the year is under snow
I don't drive it in the winter...The car comes originally with a power steering cooler which is not that efficient, many blow their power steering pump, by installing a front mount ic I had to remove the oem contraption and use a real fluid cooler..The engine oil cooler is there because I drive hard

I got all the necessary parts for the w/i and will attack this soon
Old 25-03-2010, 12:17 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

please post some pics.