waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 27-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Default Yellow RJ45 Connector & 4 way power connector

Yellow RJ45
Diagram in the Manual indicates the Red wire goes to the "ignition sw (injector +)" and in the description it says ignition switched 12v? Can you clarify please?

Should the red and green wires tap off the injector leads; or only the -ve (green) on the injector and the +ve on the acc switched +v 12v supply?

Power Connector
If the purple wire is not used should both the white and black be grounded anyway?

Last edited by stevebez; 27-07-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 28-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Yellow RJ45 Connector & 4 way power connector

The red wire of yellow connector should be connected to a 12V source when the injector (+) becomes active. On most car, the ignition switch + at the "pre-crank" position fits this criteria.

The safest and most reliable way of wiring the green and red wire of the yellow connector is at the fuel injector itself, if you are not sure. Never wire the red wire at the "Acc" position of the key switch.

What car do you car, I may have the ECU pin out diagram for it.

If the purple wire is not used just isolate it with some electrical tape. The black and white wire must only be terminated together at the ground junction.
Old 28-07-2010, 11:16 AM

2006 E55 Mercedes AMG
Old 28-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Hello Steve, I should have recognised your signature. A bit slow these days.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM

Hi Richard..

Not having much luck as the unit does not power on at all... good 12v power at the molex plug (I still need to check if pin positions are right)... but at mom no lights anywhere and neither on the gauge.

I do not see any 12v signal from the injector feeds... and for that reason have not hooked up the yellow connector to the injector feed just yet. I assume the unit should power on never the less?

Also I am not using the water level sensor ... should these wires be terminated together or open in this case?
Old 02-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I would temporary connect the red wire of the yellow harness to a known 12V source. The system should power up. In most cases, the +12V injector feed on on "the other wire" from the fuel injector.

Can you get hold of a ECU pinout drawing, that may help?
Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 AM

Hi Richard thanks for prompt response...

I have some diagrams of the ecu pin out but its possibly more confusing than not having one!!! ... so tapping the injector leads directly.

I'll try the 12v alternate source temporarily just make sure the mechanical part of the install is sound.

If I apply a volt meter over a tapped injector lead at idle I get 0.002v is this due to a faulty tap / connection or is it because of the intermittant pulse thats causing the volt meter not to see any signal? Ill try measure again with key ignition at pre crank...

The injectors inputs are numbered 1 and 2 (labelled on the injector), and I assumed 1 being the +ve and 2 the negative, and the volt meter seemed to confirm this as when I switched the poles around I then measured a -ve volt reading.

If I understand the connection correctly then the red wire should be connected to the injector +ve lead and the green to the other wire....

Is there any issue in using an accessory power outlet (e.g. cigarete lighter type outlet) to run the HFS6 , if it is to be used intermitently and not permanently?

Last edited by stevebez; 02-08-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

You can connect it to any +12v for testing purpose only. Keep the jets away from the engine internals.

It is not advisable to allow the yellow harness to see a +12V source before the fulew injector(+) receive 12V from the battery or ful pump relay.

I would like to have a go looking at the fiagram if oyu can send them to me (richard@aquamist.co.uk)

BTW, you will noit see a 12V on the injector(+) until the ECU i spowered up and ignition key on the pre-crank position.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
It is not advisable to allow the yellow harness to see a +12V source before the fulew injector(+) receive 12V from the battery or ful pump relay.
OK... so the yellow harness should see 12v last in the que if not using the injector source.

You have mail !
Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Got it, very nice images.

Just put a 12V to the red wire of the yellow harness and see if the system boots up.

Richard