waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 29-08-2010, 07:08 AM

Default HFS-6 install on 4.0V6 Tacoma

I just purchased my HFS-6 and im installing it on my TRD supercharged 4.0 1GR Tacoma .. I was wondering on some tuning tips like when should i start injecting the 50/50 mix ..? and which nozzle do i use .. Im currently running 425cc X 6 as my primary injectors and an additional 670cc 7th injector when i start to run out of fuel .. should i start injecting @ around 3psi or should i start it higher ..? Thanks ..Aloha .
Old 29-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Howerton Engineering

Default Re: HFS-6 install on 4.0V6 Tacoma

I would start with one of the larger jets. When injecting based on IDC, the system may not appear to start spraying at the same boost reference in each gear. If you can get some data from the ECU, try to start injecting before knock(timing pull) occurs or IAT starts to rise quickly.
Old 31-08-2010, 09:21 AM

I have no way of getting information from the ECU so im just looking to cool off the IAT when boost starts to rise .. and since my motors compression ratio is 10.5-1 i want to inject the 50/50 mix to try and increase ignition timing and reduce any chance of detonation .. im only running between 8-10psi of boost max it all depends on the weather hear in Hawaii ..
Old 31-08-2010, 09:22 AM

And should i just leave the stock settings on the control unit for starters ..? would it work ok ..?
Old 31-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Howerton Engineering

The only adjustment you would probably need to make is the injection starting point. Since it's IDC based, it won't over inject like a PPS system, so if you need it to come on earlier it should be fine.

One of the characteristics of the roots is once the case is hot, it can cause a lot of pinging. At cruising the case will be hot, at tip-in it will pass a large slug of hot air then the charge will cool due to the volume through the SC. This first hot slug can cause detonation issues. I would have the system start injecting so it comes on right at tip-in.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 AM

Ok so i just watch the boost gauge and adjust the setting for the idc trigger until it starts to inject fluid @ 1psi ..?

and which size nozzle do you recommend ..? as of right now i have plenty of fuel and im mostly using my primary fuel injectors for fueling .. and is peak windshield washer fluid any good because out here in hawaii methanol is really hard to come by thanks ... aloha
Old 09-09-2010, 06:40 AM

What kind of thread is the jet adapter threaded to ..? i don't want to drill and tap my supercharger for the wrong type of thread ..
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Howerton Engineering

The jet adapter is 1/8"NPT.
Old 13-09-2010, 09:12 AM

How dry does the water pump have to be kept ..? because i don't know where to mount it to keep it completely dry and i don't have that much room to mount a water proof container to mount the pump in ..thanks

Last edited by Mano; 13-09-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 15-09-2010, 01:01 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The wetted parts of the pump is designed to work with water. But the pump housing is not designed to be wetted constantly. The housing is Zinc plated so it will corrode during constant exposure to water especially there are salt involved. Zinc is commonly termed as a sacrificial coating, sensitive to water errosion and eventually works it way to the bare steel and start rusting.