waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 29-11-2011, 08:44 AM

Default Problem with injection

I recently (about 2 months) had an HFS-6 system+HE tank installed in my 05 STi, however, last week the systems failsafe began to activate. I did some research here and figured it was a clogged jet and/or restrict, so I disconnected the jet and tested the system and it appeared to be working fine, the jet had a constant spray and when I checked the gauge it was showing full flow. I reinstalled the jet and went out for a test drive, but once again, the failsafe activated. I then assumed that The restrictor was clogged, so I disconnected the inlet on the FCM and checked the restrictor, but I didn't find any sort of blockage. I proceeded to reinstall the restrictor and then retest the system, spray from the jet was present, but when I looked at the gauge, it was only showing 4 to 5 bars of flow. I reinstalled everything and went for a test drive, but once again the failsafe was tripped. I then manually retested the system again but this time the gauge only showed 1 to 2 bars. Do you have any suggestions as to what I should do? Is there any way that there could be a blockage inside the FCM?
I haven't changed any settings whatsoever, and up until about a week ago, the system was working fine.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 29-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Problem with injection

just to recap:

- manual test: open flow (no jet) = full bar display
- drive with jet = failsafe activation

Please try:
- manual test: with jet (as installaed) = how many bars?
Old 30-11-2011, 10:07 PM

I got a chance to retest the system today and here are the results:

Manual test with jet= 2 bars
Manual test without jet= Full bars
Looks like the jet is the culprit. Is it common for these jets to clog up? Also, how do I go about getting a replacement jet (1mm)?

Thanks for your help Richard!
Old 30-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The jet can be disassembled and cleaned.

I would have a go cleaning it, all you ned is a 1/8" flat blade tip screw driver. I am curious to know what caused the blockage.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:00 AM

I just got done taking the jet apart and cleaning it. There was some sort of black sediment in the spiral threaded piece. I thoroughly cleaned it, reinstalled and tested. The results were:

Manual test without jet= full bars
Manual test with freshly cleaned jet= 5 bars

Thoughts?
Old 01-12-2011, 06:03 AM

I just recleaned the jet again just to be sure that there was nothing else obstructing the flow, but after testing, the gauge still only shows 5 bars of flow.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

5 bar of flow is better than 2 bar of flow. What is the SC setting?
Old 14-12-2011, 04:34 AM

Hi Richard, I have finally found some time to dedicate to the project I drove the car a bit last week and the gauge is once again showing 2 bars of flow instead of the 5 that it was showing after the cleaning.
I checked the SC setting and it is at 2 bars. Looking at the information in the manual, in regard to setting up the failsafe, it recommends 5-6 bars. I proceeded to adjust the SC setting to show 6 bars, but now when I perform a manual test, the gauge shows 0 bars. On the other hand, if I lower the SC setting to 0 bars and manually retest, the gauge shows 5-6 bars. I never adjusted any settings after getting the car back from the shop where the kit was installed and tuned, and it was working flawlessly up until the beginning of this incident. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

*All manual testing was done with the jet installed.
Old 14-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

This is indeed puzzling. Is it possible to put the jet on the windscreen and watch the spray whilst driving. It will hightlight abnormal flow due to trapped air or water surging. Until we have a visual confirmation of what is going on, it will just be a guess. This way we will know for sure that is really going on.