waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 13-07-2012, 09:05 PM

Default Having issues with HFS-6

Hi,
I have an 06 STI and recently had the HFS-6 system installed on my car (not by me). I purchased the system from someone else online (nasioc.com). They never used the system and all the parts were new and in the original packaging never opened. Well, I got my car tuned to use with meth injection of course. It was working fine at first but it now continually has the same issue. It works fine when running the car for a while or so. Then when I go back to turn the car on the flow control module in the engine bays starts making a clicking noise and the gauge flashes several bars once then continues the clicking noise until I disconnect the controller box. So I am assuming it sprays that one time on it's own then it continues the clicking noise. Then I mess around with the cables pushing disconnecting then pushing them in all the way until the module stops clicking. When the clikcing stops I am able to run the car and hit boost and then it sprays when it should. However, the clicking comes back and the bars flash and the clicking til I disconnect and mess around with the cables. I was told the issue is the control box by the installer. Any suggestions ?
Old 14-07-2012, 08:45 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Having issues with HFS-6

It apperars to be contact problems. Se below

1. check the plastic partitions between on the RJ connectors. Damage during threading the connector through the fire wall or small orifices.

2. Make sure the latching tab is pointing around 40 degrees. Lift and bend back gently to restore its springyness.

3. Check for any dirt or grease in the RJ sockets.

Wipe clean all the plug contacts with alcohol. (not water),
Old 15-07-2012, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
It apperars to be contact problems. Se below

1. check the plastic partitions between on the RJ connectors. Damage during threading the connector through the fire wall or small orifices.

2. Make sure the latching tab is pointing around 40 degrees. Lift and bend back gently to restore its springyness.

3. Check for any dirt or grease in the RJ sockets.

Wipe clean all the plug contacts with alcohol. (not water),
I will try that..you think it may be the wiring ??..the flow control module vibrates or shakes when the engine gets hot it seems...and when I mess with the connectors on the control board sometimes it sprays on its own or the pump also starts making noise...here are some pics of the install..does everything look okay there ?? sometimes it works great with no problems and it sprays when it should...but half the time the flow control module shakes/vibrates with the water injection and S light as they should be but I don't want to try it when it does that and sometimes the bars flash and the B light flashes as well...plus the shaking is annoying and I mess with the connectors to try to get it to stop eventually it does but not after a while

Last edited by primetime2123; 15-07-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 15-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Installation looks good.

The firewall is noty ther best place for the FCM:

1. Most engine heat is blowing towards it.
2. Can be quite noisy when the FCM starts to pulse.
3. The line to the jets can be quiet lengthy, hence some dribble during line depressurisation.

Please note the system is 100% tested from the factory. Good installation accounts for the other 50% of the end result.

Most of my time is spent on supporting the other half. 50% of the problems arise from the initial installation and the other 50% is tracking down system detorioration due to bad installations.

We always get 100% blame for the any system issues. Please bear this in mind that I am unable to inspect the quality of installation and can only guess from your information and help you as best I can.
Old 15-07-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Installation looks good.

The firewall is noty ther best place for the FCM:

1. Most engine heat is blowing towards it.
2. Can be quite noisy when the FCM starts to pulse.
3. The line to the jets can be quiet lengthy, hence some dribble during line depressurisation.

Please note the system is 100% tested from the factory. Good installation accounts for the other 50% of the end result.

Most of my time is spent on supporting the other half. 50% of the problems arise from the initial installation and the other 50% is tracking down system detorioration due to bad installations.

We always get 100% blame for the any system issues. Please bear this in mind that I am unable to inspect the quality of installation and can only guess from your information and help you as best I can.
Ok thanks, I am noticing a trend though. The system functions as normal during night time when it is cooler. It starts acting up during the day time. So the heat is affecting either the control board or the flow control module. Is the flow control module supposed to make a loud vibrating noise when the temp is hotter ??
Old 15-07-2012, 08:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The FCM should not sound any different in cold or hot conditions.

There is an electronic circuit board inside the FCM performing two tasks. It converts the raw flow sensor pulses for the HFS-6 and drives the inline valve within. The driver can be temperature sensitive. If you know how to solder, I can send you instruction how to bypass it. It is a five-minute job.

This will avoid the necessity to relocate the FCM. Some time in the future when the system behaves well, I can convert the controller to V3 if you return the controller back to me. I don't charge for doing this, but you have to pay the return shipping.
Old 16-07-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
The FCM should not sound any different in cold or hot conditions.

There is an electronic circuit board inside the FCM performing two tasks. It converts the raw flow sensor pulses for the HFS-6 and drives the inline valve within. The driver can be temperature sensitive. If you know how to solder, I can send you instruction how to bypass it. It is a five-minute job.

This will avoid the necessity to relocate the FCM. Some time in the future when the system behaves well, I can convert the controller to V3 if you return the controller back to me. I don't charge for doing this, but you have to pay the return shipping.
Sure, I can solder a little bit so if you could send me the instructions. This is a temperature related issues it seems. Runs normal during cooler times and starts acting up up when it is hotter outside.
Old 30-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Ok, I am starting to notice a pattern here. When I orient the control box a certain way the noise goes away. So that is strange that it would have to be oriented a certain way. So it looks like it is not a temp issue
Old 30-07-2012, 11:25 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Are you able to solder? You can convert the FCM to be driven from the H6 controller. This way, heat will not affect the driver inside the FCM box.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Are you able to solder? You can convert the FCM to be driven from the H6 controller. This way, heat will not affect the driver inside the FCM box.
Yes, I am able to solder.