waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-6 forum

Old 26-03-2013, 04:24 PM

Default Water Level Light

Hey Richard,

I have the HFS-6 system installed on my daily driven 2007 Subaru STI. The system was professionally installed and my car was tuned running 50/50 water/meth on the dyno. Please note that the FCM is installed on the firewall and I live in Canada where it does snow a lot. Up until recently it has been running flawlessly.

Unfortunately, I have been having some trouble with the system in the last month. When I get into the throttle and build boost occasionally the Water Level LED will illuminate. This is happening about 50% (or more) of the time. I believe I either have a clogged jet, filter or the system is not building enough pressure because upon boost I believe the bargraph is displaying less bars than usual. I am going to start diagnosing the problem by doing the following...

1) Do a gauge bargraph test and record the results
2) Drive the car and record how many bars the bargraph shows when boosting and injecting
2) Do a 100% stimulation test with and without the jet and compare results

If the car displays 6 bars during the bargraph test but I only get 4 bars when driving the car and during the 100% stimulation test with the jet is it a safe assumption that my jet is clogged, the pump filter is dirty or I have a kink or debris in the line some where?

Do you have any other suggestions or things I should check when I start working on the car later this afternoon? Are there any other common things that will cause the system to show the Water Level LED (bad/corroded ground perhaps)?

Update...
SC is set at 3 o'clock and as such displays no bars when I performed a bar graph test.
WL is set at 9 o'clock
WH is set at 3 o'clock

The car is only showing 3 bars when I am driving the car.
Also the Water Level LED comes on when I am in second gear and not third gear when driving it.

Yes, the tank is full!

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by K.J.P.; 27-03-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 27-03-2013, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Water Level Light

Gauge always displays 3 bars during injection.
Water Level LED is always on when in second gear and only sometimes in other gears.
Will be pulling the jet to examine it and run a 100% stimulation test.

I seem to remeber the gauge displaying more bars in the past...
Old 28-03-2013, 09:28 PM

Think I found the solution to my problem.

The feed line leaving my meth tank that supplies my pump is kinked very badly (the tubing is deformed). I am going to empty the tank, trim the tube, reinstall the tube to the tank and hope that solves my problem.

I will report what happens.
Old 18-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

thanks for the update.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:54 PM

Richard! Sorry to have bugged you at work, I greatly appreciate you taking some time to answer my questions. I will try cutting (the brown wire as close to the board as possible) and soldering the wires this weekend in an attempt to get my FCM back up and working. Below are the pictures I emailed you! I will also pull the gauge from the pod and align everything like you mentioned. If I can't get the FCM to work I will pull it from the car and have it shipped to you immediately. I will refrain from cutting any of the wiring that is attached to it and just ship the entire unit with all of the cord. Thanks again!

I will make sure my job looks better than the one below!

Last edited by K.J.P.; 10-05-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 15-05-2013, 05:24 AM

Richard, got everything soldered and the car will inject. However, since the board is fried in the FCM I get a solid Water Level light and no bars displayed. As well the boost is cut, I will be pulling the FCM this weekend and mailing it off to you ASAP. Thanks for the help.
Old 15-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

When you do the flow test, was the lid put back on the FCM? The hall effect sensor is on the lid.

You have fixed one thing but the flow indicator is a separate problem. I thing you can try taking the flow sensor apart and give it a clean. The system must have been in service at lead few years. It is a good time to service it.
Old 15-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
When you do the flow test, was the lid put back on the FCM? The hall effect sensor is on the lid.

You have fixed one thing but the flow indicator is a separate problem. I thing you can try taking the flow sensor apart and give it a clean. The system must have been in service at lead few years. It is a good time to service it.
The lid wasn't closed on the FCM when I performed the test. It was still opened, would this affect the flow sensor and not allow it to read properly?

Would the flow sensor by affected by my fried circuit board within the FCM or does it work separately of the board? If it works separately I assume I should seal up the FCM and give it one more test before I pull it out and send it in for servicing to you?
Can you provide some instructions for how I should clean the flow sensor?
Old 31-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The flow sensor circuit is independent of the rest of the circuit board.

Please retest the system with the lid closed before trying to clean the sensor.
Old 31-10-2013, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
... I thing you can try taking the flow sensor apart and give it a clean. The system must have been in service at lead few years. It is a good time to service it.
Richard, can you please post or pm instructions how to service this flow sensor, for those of us with aging HFS-6 kits?

Thanks!