waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > Fuel and Oxidizers

Old 06-02-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Hydrogen peroxide.

I have wondered what hydrogen peroxide would do in a WI system. Seeing as how it tends to decompose into water/steam and oxygen when exposed to heat when added to a rich mixture I think the results would be quite interesting. Its not cheap though, and finding it in concentrations higher than 35% might be difficult. One would also have to insure that the injection system components it contacts wouldn't cause it to decompose prematurely. I wonder if it would survive the temp increase durring the compression stroke.

Anybody willing to be a guinea pig?
Old 15-02-2006, 07:59 PM

i have looked into hydrogen peroxide too and i dont know..if you inject about 500cc/m of hydrogen peroxide w 35% concentration, thats about 140cc of the actual stuff..then it breaks down to 2 parts oxygen to be mix with hydrogen and we get only 1 part o2.. i just think you get more o2 just by raising the boost, 10 extra cfm of air is more o2 than 140cc of water and o2 dont you think?
then too much concentration will starve the cylinders from nitrogen, i dont know if water or steam is fast enough to absorb the cylinder heat before the engine blows or melt. it might even mess up the wi pump or make it incosistent since compressing water heats up and the peroxide will start its breakdown during compression.. so its going to be injecting water and bubles at the sametime. plus its an oxidant. the pump,jets, everything will corrode faster.. but eventually i will try the 5% over the counter or 35% since ive never done it before. who knows, its rocket fuel after all
Old 26-02-2006, 01:38 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you can introduct peroxide safely into engines, it is definately one way to increase power instantly.

I think you should start searching the mechanical component used on rockets. But again, those compoents are mostly one-off or need extensive servicing between events.

Ideally if you can pre-mix methanol and peroxide so than leaning is not going to be a problem. Nitromethane is one such mix but easier and less dangerous to handle.

Richard
Old 28-02-2006, 08:57 PM

heh,

A substance that when it decays is exothermic and releases oxygen may not stay mixed with a fuel for long.

<KABOOM!!!>

It would be better just to run the mixture a little rich.