waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > In Cylinder Effects

Old 13-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: NACA study 531

I am trying to understand the relationship between the NACA study and injection of steam.

The experiment was about the oxidation of CO to CO2. The process itself does not produce H20. Steam was then added externally.

Your experiment with "patrol + air" produces steam naturally.

Are you trying to suggest the combustion process is improved by introducing steam from an external source?

OK. assuming this is the case. 2cc/min at idle or at WOT? This is important because you can compare the ratio of steam production by natural combustion and steam introduced.
Old 17-03-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
I am trying to understand the relationship between the NACA study and injection of steam.

The experiment was about the oxidation of CO to CO2. The process itself does not produce H20. Steam was then added externally.

Your experiment with "patrol + air" produces steam naturally.

Are you trying to suggest the combustion process is improved by introducing steam from an external source?
OK. assuming this is the case. 2cc/min at idle or at WOT? This is important because you can compare the ratio of steam production by natural combustion and steam introduced.
It's just a test showing different flame speeds with more or less water vapor.

I used 2cc/min at idle. 2.3L engine. Steam injected under or over carb helps flash vaporize fuel =better combustion.

I will start new thread on "steam injection"
Mark
Old 17-03-2013, 01:23 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

It is certainly an interesting study of the effect of water speeding up the oxidation rate of CO.

It appears it will help the ICE in using up the fuel effectively. The will certainly help diesel engines as it has excess oxygen present always. This is true until someone start dumping fuel into the engine to gain power.