waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 28-06-2004, 03:18 AM

wow your awesome :shock:

would that be good if using controled temps for each of them (ic liquid, water injected, fuel...) depending on the rpm? or just depending on the EGT (let say individually for each cyl, since I'm going with EMS and individual ignition timing and distributorless)

btw won't advanced timing gives you extra power, or is it that I may exceed the point where i'm almost not making any power?
Old 28-06-2004, 03:30 AM

Default Huh

Sorry I don't understand the question!

There is one best ignition timing for any set of engine conditions, if you radically change the engines operating conditions you will need to adapt the timing or you will either lose power or in extreme cases cause engine damage.

Some ignition advance may be good in some conditions, but too much ignition advance rapidly increases cylinder temps and can lead to detonation. Timing that is too late can result in high EGT's and burned exhaust valves, and an engine that is vary flat and does not want to rev.

Larry
Old 28-06-2004, 04:13 AM

i was just saying that if it would be a good idea to have a varying temp depending on the rpm, since I suppose heat gets higher with the revs!!
Old 28-06-2004, 05:17 PM

Larry,
I read somewhere that optimal intake tract temps were 40 degrees ( didn't mention celsius or fahrenheit ... ???) .... any ideas on what we should be aiming for ... and any comments on my proposed setup above i.e. liquid to air running NPG+ coolant?

Paul.
Old 29-06-2004, 12:26 AM

Default Intake temp

I'm really not sure. I'm actively researching that right now. I know the F1 folks actually had to pre-heat the intake air on the turbocharged F1 engines because the high toluene content fuel they were useing would evaporate too slowly at normal intake temps.

I just found a really slick digital dual intake air temp gauge.
If any one wants more info, let me know.

I hope I can do some detailed air temp measurements at various points in the intake tract when I get it installed.

The beauty of this gauge is it lets you switch to a differential T setting so it computes the temperature drop directly for you.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

JSMC:
Actually air temps in the intake tend to drop at high rpm as the air spends less time in contact with the hot intake manifold.

Now if the system is turbocharged your correct that under high boost the temps go up, but that is very well handled by a boost pressure triggered WI system.

cheekychimp:
Quote:
any comments on my proposed setup above i.e. liquid to air running NPG+ coolant?
My only reservation on that would be the extra complexity. I'm not sure it is necessary to get that complex.

Larry
Old 29-06-2004, 02:48 PM

Yes,
I am interested to know more about that guage.

Paul.;
Old 04-07-2004, 05:28 PM

Wow, sorry I have not been keeping up with the board due to other obligations. However, this site could not be under any better hands than hotrod wandering through and helping out.

I will admit not getting through the entire thread yet, so I don't know if it was covered. CO2 external IC coolers do work well from the limited usage I am aware of. I would be cautious of any fatigue that the temperature changes would have on the fins though.
Old 21-07-2004, 02:15 AM

just kinda off the topic exactly, but i know of some pikes peak racers that use propane injected into the tubine housing to keep the turbo spooled during shifts.. this was before ball bearings and VNT. but it works.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:27 PM

I think you need to do some more research on the 4g63 and the galant before you attemp to build one. How are you going to get 2.4 liters out of a 4g63? Or are you going to use a 4g64 block and crank?