waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 29-05-2006, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
I'm not sure how such early WI would work with a roots-type surercharger. Hopefully we'll get feedback from someone who has extensive experience with them.
It might even depend on the rotor clearances (that the water has to pass through)
Well according to Snow a roots style blower is the best candidate for WI. I know the WI in making it to the cumbustion chamber because I can feel the motor quench. Im not going to bother messing with pump strength etc yet untill I get my 49/51 water/meth mix. Then ill start all the tuning.

But I should be seeing SOME inlet temp drops right now.. :sad:

Car below:

http://forums.explorerx.com/index.ph...CODE=12&CID=44
Old 29-05-2006, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrocks
..But I should be seeing SOME inlet temp drops right now.. :sad:
not necessarily.
Where is your temp sensor placed?
I see from an earlier post that you have a water/air chargecooler. Is the sensor after the chargecooler?
Being a heat exchanger, that would work best with large temp differences between the cooling medium and the air going into it.
If you are cooling the air before the chargecooler, then you are effectively reducing it's efficiency. So what temp reduction you gain from the W.I. you may be losing from the chargecooler working less efficiently.

One hand giveth, the other taketh away :wink:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk
Old 30-05-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrocks
..But I should be seeing SOME inlet temp drops right now.. :sad:
not necessarily.
Where is your temp sensor placed?
I see from an earlier post that you have a water/air chargecooler. Is the sensor after the chargecooler?
Being a heat exchanger, that would work best with large temp differences between the cooling medium and the air going into it.
If you are cooling the air before the chargecooler, then you are effectively reducing it's efficiency. So what temp reduction you gain from the W.I. you may be losing from the chargecooler working less efficiently.

One hand giveth, the other taketh away :wink:
My inlet temp sensor is after everything and betrween two runners on my intake/plenum. So my sensor is reading the final air thats actually entering the cylinders.

Check it out. The sensor is on the top left.

What if I sprayed right obove intercooler after everything. Im just scared of hydro-locking and maybe not all my runners will get the same amount or juice.

http://members.tccoa.com/awdrocks/sc5-500.jpg

Car below:

http://forums.explorerx.com/index.ph...CODE=12&CID=44
Old 30-05-2006, 12:49 PM

Hello,

I thought that it was considered better to have WI after chargecooler/intercooler. At least that is what the attached program suggests so that system efficiency was maximised.

BR, Mark.

http://not2fast.wryday.com/turbo/glo...rbo_calc.shtml
Old 03-06-2006, 09:59 AM

Yes, Mark is saying the same thing.
Since you read the inlet temp just before the engine (as is best) then you read the final effect after all intercooling attempts.
Spraying before the chargecooler simply reduces it's efficiency, because it has less temp differential to play with. The upside is that because it works less, it will not heatsoak as quickly as it might do if it were alone.

Spraying before the chargecooler is sometimes desirable, say when the chargecooler is undersized for the amount of boost/airflow it is meant to handle. There are no hard-and-fast rules, it all depends on the particular setup. :smile:

John

www.max-boost.co.uk