waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Gasoline Forced-Induction

Old 10-04-2004, 04:56 PM

Default Good Setup for Water Injection ??

Hey all, I'm new to this board, but I've been reading it for a while. Once I get my car back from the body shop I'll have a week or so to get the water injection install finished before I got to get tuned at TurboXS in Maryland. I have a 2003 WRX, with a VF22, APS DR500 FMIC, STi Injectors and Walbro fuel pump...amongs many many other mods. I just want to verify my setup and get some ideas for tuning to give to nathan at TXS.

http://www.wrxtuner.com/default.asp?...&N_Performance

Thats the Water Injection kit I have. I have the pump mounted already, and I tapped the washer resivoir a little high looking back, but I think it should work. Anyways, I also have a Water Level sensor they sent me. They said its a micropressure sensor that I tapped into my resevoir and it has electrical leads on it. I also bought a generic VDO pressure gauge that reads 0-150psi to put inbetween the solenoid and the pump to verify any clogs, etc. I have two switches in my car - 1, to control power to the pump, and 2- to control power to the solenoid. Building a circuit, I can make it so I have 2 blinking LEDs and a buzzer so that I can know when I'm misting water, when the resevoir is too low, and it'll buzz if I have the power to the solenoid on AND the water's too low. How's this sounds??

Also, I was going to tap the nozzle about 2" from the throttle body on the fmic pipe there. I have also tapped a Intake Air temp sensor for one of my other gauges there too.

Any ideas, comments, concerns are all appreciated. Thanks in advance!

-Mike