waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Water/Methanol database on specific model of cars > Your one-stop search for water/methanol injected cars

Old 18-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Good news,

Phil and I have just managed to successfully completed the Aquamist/Hydra link, it is now communicating - Phil will now move onto the next stage.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:03 PM

Default Aqua/Hydra

Quote:
Phil and I have just managed to successfully completed the Aquamist/Hydra link, it is now communicating - Phil will now move onto the next stage.
Richard would you please comment on the wiring between the Hydra and Aqua? I am proceeding with this setup on a MY93 GC conversion using a MY04 STi engine. Since the harnesses are custom, there are no unused wires available for the Aqua connection, so I would like to put one or two in place now for the upcoming water injection install.

Is there a rough draft schematic available? Thanks.

Mike McBride
Old 05-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Aqua/Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZM
Quote:
Richard would you please comment on the wiring between the Hydra and Aqua? I am proceeding with this setup on a MY93 GC conversion using a MY04 STi engine. Since the harnesses are custom, there are no unused wires available for the Aqua connection, so I would like to put one or two in place now for the upcoming water injection install.

Is there a rough draft schematic available? Thanks.

Mike McBride
The hydra's output pin is not clear, but phil is working on an interfacing loom. I don't have any involvement on the pin selection.

The aquamist/hydra combination will be very powerful since the hydra will control the water map and also modifiy the timing depending on the water flow mapped and detected - it is the first time we have full control over the entire engine management.

I have been trying for many years to work with third party controllers makers and none has show enough interest or some systems just don't have the capability to do what we are trying to achieve.

Please be patient and let us do all the ground work first so you don't have to become a guinea pig in the name of progress. At present, we are trying to produce a 500whp Subie on pump fuel that run less consumption than a fuel dump engine running 300whp. The goal is not that far away.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:16 AM

Default 600 whp

Actually after Phil finishes the first car we are shooting for more like 600 whp later this Fall.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:50 AM

Default Re: 600 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktoo
Actually after Phil finishes the first car we are shooting for more like 600 whp later this Fall.
my project
(http://www.imprezawrxsti.com/forums/...6&page=1&pp=20)
should have its maiden start-up next week. i expect to break it in over the next 2-3 weeks - installing element's aquamist interface and heading down to phil for a proper dyno tuning.

if all goes well, my s4/gt65 rotated/aquamist project should produce very close to 600 whp by the end of summer.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:19 PM

Great -

So there are atleast 2 cars for Phils to do with bulit engines GT-35R or better turbos and AquaMist ?

This will get very interesting over the next few monrths.

I expect Hydra with AquaMist will become the new standard for high performance- can't really do this with any other ECU .
Old 06-08-2005, 01:05 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktoo
Great -

So there are atleast 2 cars for Phils to do with bulit engines GT-35R or better turbos and AquaMist ?

This will get very interesting over the next few monrths.

I expect Hydra with AquaMist will become the new standard for high performance- can't really do this with any other ECU .
With full cooperation form Phil and the exceptional processing power of the Hydra, a new generation of mean machines are no longer a dream.

So far there is nothing comes close to the Hydra. With the vast tuning experience of Phil, it is just a matter of time when he can offer something unique to the tuning world.

In my part, it is a real breath of fresh air to work with phil.

Has anyone has heard of the Chrysler's Neon SRT4 that has all the makings of new generation of factory equipped tuning tool. It has a switch on the dash (HOM-high octane mode) that will allow switching between pump fuel and race fuel. If knock is detected, The ECU will automatically retrun to stock timing. It also has a user adjustable boost control.

There is a dedicated discussion on a SRT Form that involove replacing the racing fuel with water injection - makes good sense and reading.
http://www.srtforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189

Just hope that this will start a new trend for other performance car manufacters. Here is a link for someone using an aquamist with great success:
http://www.aquamist.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=695
Old 06-08-2005, 03:15 PM

Progress moves on ........ 600 hp, wow. Truth be told, I would be very very happy with reaching my goal of 400 with matching torque delivered to the tires. My chassis is not to far from its limit now at 300. Having 600 would be well beyond my reflex ability to drive the car on the track.

Thank you Richard for the reply. Your work ethic must be very high for you to make a living and also answer all the email items you address.

I have been in contact with Phil and am waiting.

'Gday

Mike M