waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Other > Off-topic

Old 14-10-2013, 07:14 PM

Default Explaining HFS kit to tuner

Been shopping for tuners for the different vehicles I am looking at, and some of them don't know anything about the HFS series. One reply I got said "Most systems on the market have few few inputs and are very simple." even after I talked about the ability to follow IDC linearly. Does Aquamist have a HFS Tuning for Tuners.pdf or something to pass around?
Old 14-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Explaining HFS kit to tuner

This is an interesting topic. Tuners.pdf

You probably know our product more than anyone, especially a large percentage of tuners that never recommends aquamist to their customers. This is because they are not willing to spend a little time learning how our system works. In their minds, wiring to the ECU is complicated compared to a +12 and ground.

Tuning, the mind is playing tricks again. Aquamist is reading IDC instead of boost, why??? every other kits work with boost, they all work fine.

This is the mindset, assumption overruns reality. a theory based on market coverage. Out of ten methanol kit manufactures, nine are based on boost and pump speed. What look or think further.

What would you rather tune? A engine that used carburettors or fuel injection? To them, carburettor is simpler than tapping keyboards, even all the work has already been done by a third party tuning software, some even provide OTS maps written for meth injection or race fuel.

Dumping meth into an engine based on a single dimension variable such as boost causes more disruption than adding meth in proportion to fuel flow. It is no different putting in different fuel grades into your tank. The engine management will have enough range to compensate the change in octane. There is little of no tuning is require other than tuning up the boost pressure a little to add a few more horses. On the other hand, dumping a chunk of meth in the middle of a well engineered fuel table will exceed the designed scope of the ECU's ability to compensate, especially it is only single dimension boost pressure, no reference to RPM and gear position.

Linearly is the final pitfall of a non-PWM valve system, a pump speed system is bottom heavy, the first 1/4 of the speed ramp dumps more than 50% of the entire capacity. Combine this a to a boost ramp curve, this is little sign of progressiveness left in a pump speed system, it might as well just switch the pump on fully.

Try explaining this to a tuner?

If I do producing such a document, would they take any notice of it? Pre-conception rules, lead by marketing hype. My system is better than yours because my pump is 1000psi higher than yours. You will be surprised how many thousands has bought into this hype.
Old 14-10-2013, 11:45 PM

Well, technically, the haldex kits, the 1000psi pump kinds, are for diesels that make 100+psi, so the pressure diffferential is so low that they need bigger pumps. The tuner I am mentioning is a diesel tuner, so I think it's safe to say that he/she hasn't had much or any experience with aquamist. A WRX/EVO tuner I can see, but a Liberty/Grand Cherokee CRD, VW TDI and Mercedes CDI tuner, not so much.
Old 16-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

The diesel market is growing but power is limited by RPM. Upping the boost and fuel merely produces more and more torque within the same power band. It is nice but gear boxes are not designed to take that kind of stresses. It is kinder to the gear box if power is increased with added RPM.

There is limited crank-angle/ diesel'ing point shift to push the power band upwards.