waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Theory (what it is and what it does) > General Effects

Old 04-05-2006, 11:06 PM

Default Homemade wateriinjection questions....

First let me say hello its good to be back to this site. Im running a carburated stroker Ford with high compression {11:1} naturally aspriated and plan to make a homemade WI system.
I have bought a micro switch which is installed on the carb and turns on as the secondaries open. This will turn on the water inj pump. I have done a search, but am unable to find what Im needing to know. I need to know what size pump and what size nozzles to run and also is there a pump I can use for example; someone said that a Ford f150 bosh fuel pump will work, but I dont know what year f150 or if this pump will be too much pressure for a carbed setup.
If anyone wants the micro switch it can be found a summitracing.com part number edl-72281 for the 4500 Holley carb.
thanks, Mike U.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:39 PM

You can`t really use fuel pumps / injectors, the water will kill them pretty quickly.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:49 AM

http://www.rangerpowersports.com/for...d.php?t=114981

Check out post #8.

I have followed this setup closely. As long as the fuel pump allows for alcohol, you should be ok. I havnt ran much through my pump, we're not done with the nonmethanol tuning. We need to get back on the dyno for methanol tuning... lack of funds.

I ran a 50/50 distilled water/methanol mixture today with retarded timing an cleaned up fuel ratio. It did help some from what I could tell, however, we will not benefit fully until we can clean up the AFR while the methanol is flowing.
Old 27-05-2006, 02:33 PM

If you have mechanical secondaries your setting yourself up to bog the engine down pretty bad if you floor it too early.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:17 PM

I have thought about this many times,....

Using water on an n/a combo will work, but will have to be a considerably smaller amount of water, as opposed to a boosted application. Not sure how you would do it with a carb, but like i said, it would have to be very small amounts....IMO.

Maybe use a Nitrous plate between the carb and lower intake, and inject water there. Just an idea...