waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: HFS-3 was working... now a hiccup ::FIXED::

Can you yell me how many bars are you reading on the gauge at WOT?

Aslo the settings (face of a clock)

- SC...... 12 o'clock?
- WL ......?
- WH ......?
Old 13-06-2010, 04:42 PM

On 2nd and 3rd gear at WOT the gauge is reading around 4-5 bars consistently. On 4th and 5th gear the bars keep going up and down from 0 to 3 or 4 bars back and forth. I noticed on the 4th and 5th gear pulls, power felt like it was slowly dropping from say 4000-5000 rpms on up. Right now the gauge settings are:
SC-around 3-4 o'clock position
WL-~9 o'clock
WH-~3 o'clock

I just met with Pete yesterday and he double checked all the wiring connections and jumper links (DR=1)and everything looked ok. We observed that after we cleared the CEL and started up the car there was no CEL light. But when we shut the car off for ~10 seconds then start it up again the CEL light would come back on. The OBD2 code reader displayed I'm still getting a P0243 wastegate solenoid error at around ~500 rpms upon start up. This is with the kit both enabled or disabled at the gauge button prior to starting up the car. We didn't have a multimeter to measure the resistance in the boost wires between ECU, HFS-3 controller and BCV to check if the signal was being interrupted somewhere in between. Any thoughts?
Old 13-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

1. It appeared that you are not runnign that many jets as the SC is turned up quite a bit. Let me know how many jets you are running.

2. Is the DR= "1" linked at the CEL jumper link?

3. This interesting CEL. On aniothe jumper link "DHB". you can disbale the failfail when the gauge is on the off position.

4. Check the grey connector/ECU splice, the brown wire to the BCV side and the white wire to the ECU side. DR= "1"
Old 16-06-2010, 04:02 AM

"1. It appeared that you are not runnign that many jets as the SC is turned up quite a bit. Let me know how many jets you are running."

I'm running one jet.

"2. Is the DR= "1" linked at the CEL jumper link?"

DR="1" was set during the original installation and still is set.

"3. This interesting CEL. On aniothe jumper link "DHB". you can disbale the failfail when the gauge is on the off position. "

I removed the "DHB" link, cleared the CEL and still getting the P0243 during the ~500 rpm starting.

"4. Check the grey connector/ECU splice, the brown wire to the BCV side and the white wire to the ECU side. DR= "1" "

Pete double checked these wires.

It looks like the primary issue is the P0243 CEL I get just by starting the car in the parking lot without even moving the vehicle. The other issue regarding power dropping at 4th and 5th gear and the gauge displaying 0 to 3 or 4 bars back and forth may be a side effect of this P0243 CEL. What do you think?
Old 16-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

Can you tell me how many jets are you running?

Based on your SC setting of 3-4 o'clock, the reading will be quite abbrupt due to the lesser resolution as the SC sensitivity is increased. The HFS-xx is optimized for running two jets. I can easier reflast the flow table to make the flow reading more stable.
Old 18-06-2010, 03:33 AM

I'm running one jet.

I can see how my SC setting may be affecting the failsafe window when the HFS-3 kit is injecting and the car is in motion. I think my main issue is the wastegate solenoid CEL I'm getting every time I start the car without moving the car. Is it possible the boost signal maybe severed or interrupted somewhere between the BCV, HFS-3 controller and/or ECU? Since I've already tried unlinking the "DHB" jumper to bypass the failsafe feature, is there a way to check if the controller board is blocking the signal?
Old 18-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

With the DHB un-linked, the gauge switched off and DR=1 (jumper link), there is no way the system interrupting the signal between the ECU and boost valve. Can you confirm the wiring (brown and white) wire of grey connector is wired correctly. Brown on the BCV side and White on the ECU side (after cut and spliced).

Can you tell me what model of car do you have?
Old 18-06-2010, 06:44 PM

I'll get with Pete to check the wires and probably hook up a multimeter to check the connection points.

Sorry about that, the HFS-3 was installed on my 06 Evo 9.
Old 18-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Please check against this diagram below: