waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 28-08-2007, 02:06 AM

yes, good point. And that is, afterall the only important factor in predicting impingement damage. My mistake.
Old 28-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I don't know if anyone is still paying attention to this thread, but I wanted to let everyone know that I have been squirting water/ windscreen wash/ methanol/ at various mixtures into the turbo compressor inlet since my last post on this thread.
tony, is this using a high pressure pump? what's the rail pressure? what's the nozzle size?

thanks
ken
Old 01-09-2007, 12:34 AM

I don't know what the nozzle size is, maybe two small holes about .040 inches or so? About the size of a windshield squirter nozzle. The pump is a window wash bottle pump, you don't need the high pressure if you are squirting into the compressor inlet, except maybe for longevity, but I have been doing this for quite a while now. The only improvement at this point that I would like to make is that the bottle should be boost referenced to increase delivery with boost pressure. The power comes on hard at about 5-7 psi, but is less effective at 12-15 psi. The "nozzle" is a small piece of plastic tubing (1/8?) outer diameter with the end squashed with a knife and a heat gun. I must say, I think I got extremely lucky with the sizing. The nozzle is just poked through the inlet hose at a 90 degree angle. It sprays directly at the wall of the rubber turbo inlet hose. I thought that the water spraying at the turbine would slow it down, but there is not even a momentary drop in boost when the water hits.

If I get a chance I can measure the nozzle size. Keep in mind this is a stock 1.6 ecodiesel with a very slight injection pump modification.

-Tony
88 Megasquirt Toyota Pickup
Old 01-09-2007, 11:38 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I agree the blades should be cleaned if water has been injected.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar_Subaru

If I get a chance I can measure the nozzle size. Keep in mind this is a stock 1.6 ecodiesel with a very slight injection pump modification.

-Tony
photos of your specific alignment with respect to the compressor would be very useful!