waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Injection Applications (making it work) > Diesel

Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 PM

Default Turbo Technics fail miserably

I dropped off a Turbo from a 1.9CDTI in December, for Turbo Technics to look at and try to hybrid. They stripped it and came back to me with a hybrid option and a price and told me they could have it done by mid January. I rang them today to check some specs and pay only to be told to do one. Apparently they have designed a unit but never made one and so won't sell me one?!? So after agreeing to make me one and giving me a time for delivery, they have now turned round and said they won't supply one at present. I am some what unamused to say the least. This is not the first time they have said they could supply something and then changed their mind when I goto pay and I am not sure I would recomend them anymore.

I was hoping to reduce the amount of methanol while increasing the pressure and maintaining about 1.2 ltr/min. By using the same amount of injection and no extra diesel, I turned up the boost on the standard turbo and saw a clearly measurable increase in performance. I would like to have seen if that continued relatively with even more pressure.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:14 PM

Default Re: Turbo Technics fail miserably

That`s pretty poor service!, they should have said at the start if they weren`t prepared to build one for you.

Must have a lot of business at the moment if they can just let jobs walk away like that..
Old 07-01-2011, 12:26 AM

What about Turbo Dynamics ? They are probably the biggest turbo place.

Or The Cossie guys on Passionford seem to like a place called CR Turbos. Never used them msyelf though.

Or AET turbos
Old 08-01-2011, 09:12 AM

I have some good news, after being persistant and talking to a third person, they have now agreed to go head and make the turbo for me. It will have a different compressor housing fitted with a larger compressor, an uprated thrust bearing (still 360 but larger thrust area) and a stronger shaft.

On the VWs, this setup can run upto two bar, so I'm hoping to run near that. They may have it ready in just one week, so unless things change again, I will have it for rolling roading by Feb.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:00 PM

Give Turbo Dynamics a try. They have made various hybrids over the years.

Fish