waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 08-09-2012, 04:28 AM

Default Nozzle selection on 04 WRX 2.0L

I have an 04 Subaru WRX 2.0L. and am putting on a HFS-3 kit

I've read a lot of info and I'm still not 100% sure on what nozzles to use.

I just put in some 1000cc (Rated at 1100cc) Fuel injectors and I have a slight idea of what the Duty cylce will max out at with a higher boost level.. Currently running 20PSI and may go up to around 24-25PSI.

What I know:

I'm assuming I'll only go up to 80% on the injectors duty which would be
4000cc* .8 = 3200 and then 3200cc*.2 (20%) = 640cc @ 135PSI

No included nozzle is for that size,after I subtract 25psi from 160 pump max =135PSI

Am I right on this?:

Only solution seems to be two nozzles one at .9mm (400cc) and the other at .8mm(345cc)? for a total of 745cc (adding some room for pump loss.)
and then put a .9mm restrictor (Restricts 1080cc @ 160psi)?

But I've only seen or heard of a single nozzle at the oulet of the stock intercooler, I'm not sure if putting two on the outlet would decrease atomization or if I should find a Rubber nozzle silicoln hose adapter so I can put them on that instead of drilling, or even one on the outlet and one on the silicoln hose.

Can the HSF-3 compensate to adjust over flow?

Please help, thanks

Jon

Last edited by kornshadow097; 08-09-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

Default Re: Nozzle selection on 04 WRX 2.0L

Always calculate the ratio based 100% of the injector capacity.

The HFS3's "gain" trimmer can reduce flow or you can reduce the pump pressure via the 1/16" set screw on the front of the pump.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 AM

Alright, well how will I know how much flow was reduced when I use the "gain" trimmer?

I was told to use two .9's but I only have a 1mm and .9 so I'm going to use that, about how much should be trimmed? if any at all for the .1mm difference

Jon
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The gain trimmer is not designed for reducing flow but to re-scale the fuel idc upwards.

Two proper ways to reduce flow:

1. Smaller nozzle
2. use of restrictor
3. reduce pump pressure (1/16" allen screw at the front of the pump)
Old 13-09-2012, 08:00 AM

alright, so is my best option getting another .9 nozzle or just reducing the pump pressure? how much will the screw need to be turned to reduce the equiv of .1mm?

Also, I'm using this kit on my 04 Subaru WRX, I dont believe it uses a MAP sensor. How can I have this kit detect boost? can I use my MAF or something?

Are there any benefits to using boost and/or IDC to trigger the pump?

Jon
Old 15-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

The pump pressure adjustment screw is not linear so I cannot verify the exact turns. I suggest flow testing the system for one minute is very accurate.

You can use the MAF as a secondary input for trigger or compensation. IDC is not reflective to engine load than a single dimension signal just as boost. MAF is good but it cannot be compared to the IDC as it it a composite signal from multiple sensors and engineering hours.

Use IDC for trigger.
Old 21-09-2012, 10:32 AM

Alright. great.

I'll wire to the IDC for trigger and MAF for compensation. how to tell the unit to use the MAF as for compensation?

Also, since I have a 3-port Grimmspeed BCS and Left the restrictor pill to have the ability to bypass pressure without needing to set almost max out my WGDC, since less pressure gets through the line to the WG.

For fail Safe, I followed some instructions I found for my 04 wrx stating that for the WG Solenoid Fail safe I needed to splice the ECU wire that controls the Wastegate and attach the orange wire to the BCS and the White wire to the ECU harness. Is this correct for aftermarket BCS or is it only intended for 2-port Stock?

I'd like to have it lower boost since I'm sure the ECU will reduce everything else incase of activation... Unless you recommend it go into test mode or something instead.

Jon

Last edited by kornshadow097; 22-09-2012 at 10:03 AM. Reason: added 3 port BCS question and deleted the other stuff