waterinjection.info  

Go Back   waterinjection.info > Aquamist specific system Q and A and new products > Aquamist HFS-3 forum

Old 16-06-2010, 11:13 PM

Default Re: Strange setup problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
You can diagnose this by putting the jumper to FDC and watch the gauge what the system is seeing.
What's the relationship between bars and FDC?

Last edited by Ilkka; 16-06-2010 at 11:32 PM.
Old 16-06-2010, 11:21 PM

Okay, did the first test run with 50/50 mixture (store bought -50C windshield washer fluid, manufacturer has told that it should be almost pure 50/50).

I have one 0.3mm nozzle in each intake runner, so total of four 0.3mm nozzles. Each line has a 15 psi check valve just before the nozzle. Restrictor used in FAV is 0.7mm.

WL set to min, WH set to max. THRES and GAIN at the factory default.

SC had to be set to max in order to get enough bars on the display. During spool up 6 bars show up quickly but then stables to 4 bars. To me it seems that there is not enough flow. Should I set the gain higher?

Here's quick on the road log taken with the T5Suite program (sorry, Saab specific ) and exported to Logworks3.

Last edited by Ilkka; 16-06-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Old 16-06-2010, 11:58 PM
Manufacturer sponsor

If you are running with one nozzle, I can reflash the flwo table sio that you can the best resolution on the gauge. You need to post the controller back yo me and It will take one day, return post an ?5.00

This is a very nice logging work. I will have a closer look tomorrow.

Can you tell me what voltage you are getting from pin16 or bar ready with FDC linked at full boost and RPM. You can do it in low gear.

try setting gain higher but avoid getting the 95% red led to come on.

Richard
Old 17-06-2010, 06:25 AM

Please read my previous post more carefully re the number of nozzles.
Old 17-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I read it but didn't seemed to sunk in. My apologises. I still think you can do with a reflash because the SC is set to maximum. Are you intending to flow a bit more than your present setup? I am happy to change the 0.3mm jets over for you to 0.4mm jets if you send them to me.
Old 17-06-2010, 07:07 PM

Is there any way to tell the absolute amount of flow by looking at the flow meter? There is a legend on the gauge which reads 100 to 400 ml/min, but is that with what SC trimmer setting? If that's with 'centre' setting, how is the legend changed when SC is set to max?

Per your flow charts, four 0.3mm nozzles should flow enough (around 440 cc/min required with 20% ratio) compared to fuel flow (around 2200 cc/min) at the moment so there shouldn't be a need to change them. But of course if the actual flow is lower than what is calculated, it might be needed. But then the question is, why are the calculations wrong.

Last edited by Ilkka; 17-06-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 17-06-2010, 10:17 PM

One more question before I continue with today's results.

What is the correct orientation for the 15 psi check valve?

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/sl/plist/p...9/806-249.html

Now I have them so that the 1 bar arrows are pointing towards the nozzles. Is that correct?
Old 17-06-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard L View Post
Can you tell me what voltage you are getting from pin16 or bar ready with FDC linked at full boost and RPM. You can do it in low gear.

try setting gain higher but avoid getting the 95% red led to come on.

Richard
With the FDC linked, I'm getting full 8 bars above ~5000 rpm. ECU calculated fuel injector DC is ~75% at 5000 rpm. I don't know if the red led is on because the box isn't visible during driving.

I also tried trimming the gain, but it didn't seem to have any effect what so ever. With the normal flow gauge enabled, I'm getting 4 bars whether the gain is set to min, centre or max. Also the gain setting didn't seem to have any effect on the AFR readings. Very strange.

Below are two runs overlaid on top of each other. Solid lines are with gain set to MAX, and dashed lines are with gain set to MIN. AFRs (orange lines) are basically identical.

Last edited by Ilkka; 17-06-2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 17-06-2010, 11:38 PM

Tomorrow I will test the larger restrictor (0.9mm), but if that doesn't help, then I guess it's time for the 0.4mm nozzles.
Old 18-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Manufacturer sponsor

I suggest leaving restrictor out altogether out and see if you can squeeze some more flow out of the system.